Color Profiles(Picture Control)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

With Calibrite, you take a photo of a card containing very specific colors. Calibrite's s/w compares the cameras colors in the photo to the control colors. It then writes a short bit of code that adjusts the colors to match the control colors. That bit of s/w becomes a selectable color profile when using LR, PS CC, DxO, etc.. which can be designated as the default color profile instead of Adobe Standard, Cloudy, etc.

I guess that would be called profiling according to the article, but I also use the terms interchangeably. I guess technically we both calibrate and profile our monitors when we say we have a calibrated monitor.

I guess that would be called profiling according to the article, but I also use the terms interchangeably. I guess technically we both calibrate and profile our monitors when we say we have a calibrated monitor.

I've looked into this further now that I've seen X-rite renamed themselves to Calibrate. Honestly it's a mess. Some reputable sources carefully distinguish between calibration and profiling while others don't.

Forget what I said, call it whatever you like! Henceforth I will solely be calibrofiling my devices.

Below is a link to a video in Shutterbug in which Scott Walker talks about Color Profile settings in camera. Though some of you would find it interesting.
Thanks Ralph. I only just picked up on this thread and, after follwowing it through, I must say that I really appreciate that you flagged this up. (y)

Back