Coyote on a Fallen Tree

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I absolutely love Coyotes and try to photograph them as often as I can. This was taken late last fall. This young Coyote jumped up on a fallen tree to get a better view of the Squirrels foraging on the forest floor
C&C is always welcome. I'm here to learn

Blue Coy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

This is a lovely shot! Gorgeous composition and beautiful coyote. Nice! When I was in Edmonton for the last 3.5 years I barely saw a coyote when I was tramping about (with camera of course). When I lived there previously there was rarely a day I didn't see coyotes when out walking about (without camera, of course) :)

By the way, I love the way the background and surroundings are dark and have a bluish cast, while the brightness and warm color of the coyote make it stand out. Good job processing this shot. :)

That's a beautiful shot. We have a lot of Coyotes around here, but you almost never see one standing still, let alone posing nicely like this!

That is a good looking Coyote and the shot is spectacular Meghan. Love the composition and color.

Last edited:
This is a lovely shot! Gorgeous composition and beautiful coyote. Nice! When I was in Edmonton for the last 3.5 years I barely saw a coyote when I was tramping about (with camera of course). When I lived there previously there was rarely a day I didn't see coyotes when out walking about (without camera, of course) :)
Thank you very much for the compliment
LOL, I've had that happen to me more times than I can count
I've spoken to people from Alberta through Instagram about Coyotes out there. I think the problem is it's open season on Coyotes 365 days a year and they are very wary of people. So it doesn't surprise me you don't see them. I'm just outside Toronto, so obviously no hunting. The Coyotes here are wary but not fearful. So sightings are quite frequent if you know where to look

Back