Do you save your camera and lens boxes?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Do you save your camera and lens boxes

• Yes, they help resell value

Votes: 148 83.6%
  • Yes I am a pack rate

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • A few, mostly larger, more expensive items

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • When I remember

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • As long as my spouse (or other) does not toss them

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • No don't see the value

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • No don't have the value

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Other please explain

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
I sell things privately not through a dealer who takes margin.
In all the years of selling on gear, its never been an issue, nor have i been asked once do i have the box LOL.

Nice to have the boxes but as i keep my gear for a long while i don't want to store all that clutter.

Only an opinion
Thanks

Just for the record, I too keep my boxes.

However, it's funny - this is really an issue of our own making. I believe very few of us want to keep the boxes, but we all know that it helps resale value. Why does it help resale value? Because the person buying the used gear wants the boxes. Why do they want the boxes? Because it helps resale value when they go to sell it.

Bottom line is that I doubt most of use care one way or another about boxes, but the private used camera market has created a "gotta have the box" loop that we're all stuck in. :)
Fortunately…B&H, et al don’t care about the box and I’m much more likely to use them and accept a lower price instead of mucking about with PayPal and is this guy gonna rip me off or screw me. So I keep mine for awhile on the bed in the spare rarely used guest room until I get disgusted with them and the 3 dozen Amazon boxes in there and recycle them.

Back