Favorite North American wildlife & locations?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

If you're into elk, we have both the biggest and smallest elk subspecies in California. Roosevelt Elk are huge, living in the far northwest part of the state and fairly easy to see in the redwood parks like Prairie Creek. Tule Elk are quite small, not a lot bigger than a large deer. They were thought to be extinct when a small relict population was discovered and reintroduction started. They're very easy to see in a few places like Point Reyes, where they're essentially in a big pen. They're also in the Central and Owen Valleys, Carrizo Plain and a few other places. Both subspecies are quite photgenic. :)

Three regions here in Texas are favorites for me: south Texas, the Gulf Coast and the TexasGood morning, Doug. I will be in TX in March to photograph mating of the Attwater prairie chicken. I have a week pass and guide to the NASA center to tour their breeding program. I am looking for contacts with local landowners who have active leks. My project with my colleague is recapped on our blog https://chicksonagrousetrip.blogspot.com Would you have information or names I can contact? Many thanks..Christine Pence hill country provide a hugely diverse and exotic bird population. We have the luxury of several private ranches that provide unique opportunities for great photography. On my current wishlist is a trip to Arizona. Lots of places I’d love to visit but old age and monetary concerns are very limiting factors for me.

Three regions here in Texas are favorites for me: south Texas, the Gulf Coast and the Texas hill country provide a hugely diverse and exotic bird population. We have the luxury of several private ranches that provide unique opportunities for great photography. On my current wishlist is a trip to Arizona. Lots of places I’d love to visit but old age and monetary concerns are very limiting factors for me.

Good morning, Doug. I will be in TX in March to photograph mating of the Attwater prairie chicken. I have a week pass and guide to the NASA center to tour their breeding program. I am looking for contacts with local landowners who have active leks. My project with my colleague is recapped on our blog https://chicksonagrousetrip.blogspot.com Would you have information or names I can contact? Many thanks..Christine Pence

I come from NY with stops all along the east coast. Last year, after visiting Yellowstone for years 2 weeks at a time decided to move here for a year. I’ve loved it. I haven’t decided whether to stay or move on to another adventure come April. Still working on it, but Yellowstone remains a strong contender.
You’re my hero.

If you're into elk, we have both the biggest and smallest elk subspecies in California. Roosevelt Elk are huge, living in the far northwest part of the state and fairly easy to see in the redwood parks like Prairie Creek. Tule Elk are quite small, not a lot bigger than a large deer. They were thought to be extinct when a small relict population was discovered and reintroduction started. They're very easy to see in a few places like Point Reyes, where they're essentially in a big pen. They're also in the Central and Owen Valleys, Carrizo Plain and a few other places. Both subspecies are quite photgenic. :)
Yes, I was in the Central Valley this past fall and had a few tule elk sightings around Los Banos. There were none visible in the local wildlife areas this trip but they were wandering around the hills.
evening stroll_1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back