Fedex | B&H

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Heads up! I ordered a Zf from B&H lat week. Today Fedex delivered the box and did not ring the door for a signature. The box was tampered with because the B&H tape was broken and the box was taped up. Upon opening the box, the Zf and the lens are missing. Since B&H is closed today, I filed a report with Fedex and emailed B&H the details.

Just posting for awareness, but also wanted to know if anyone has had this experience or knows what the customary procedure is for this kind of sick debacle?

I have had mixed results with FedEx recently. I had a lens ordered from B&H that required signature. The box was left on the porch by FedEx and no one rang the doorbell. I found the box crushed on one end. Fortunately the inner box was undamaged and the lens was fine. I’m positive the delivery person didn’t ring, as I would have refused the delivery. I notified FedEx and B&H. If I have the opportunity to select the delivery method, I stay away from FedEx.

I have had mixed results with FedEx recently. I had a lens ordered from B&H that required signature. The box was left on the porch by FedEx and no one rang the doorbell. I found the box crushed on one end. Fortunately the inner box was undamaged and the lens was fine. I’m positive the delivery person didn’t ring, as I would have refused the delivery. I notified FedEx and B&H. If I have the opportunity to select the delivery method, I stay away from FedEx.
Sorry this happened to you. It's awful service lately with Fedex. I'm glad your lens was ok!

With all my B&H orders over the years, I've never had to sign for delivery...until a first time with my 600pf delivery a few days ago. I've always wondered about that requirement and why I never had to sign, even with a Z9/lens order totaling $9k. And the B&H boxes usually have part of the taped seams "worn/broken" but the contents have never been accessible.

I'm very interested in the resolution as it's always on my mind when I place an order. My guess is B&H will make good on everything, but it's the waiting that would drive me crazy.

Fed Ex and Fed Ex Ground are different, Fed Ex Ground is the old RPS, a well-known problem. Be glad they don't use Lasership (or whatever they just changed their name to), they are a total nightmare. Fed Ex ground has been terrible, not one package in the last 6 months without some sort of serious damage. I wish internet sellers would clearly list shipping options by carrier but many of them have exclusive deals with just one. B&H had used DHL a while back but it took them over a week to get my stuff to me. UPS delivers the next day, I'm in the one day zone for B&H.

We live in a gated neighborhood and FedEx is inconsistent on requiring the signature even when it is required. Our regular guy leaves it if it’s obvious we’re here because the door is open but we always make sure we are here during the delivery window. My Z8 was delivered sans signature but my 600PF on Thursday was not…both came from B&H with signature required…the 600 was not the regular guy and I can’t remember if it was for the Z8. Nikons recall on the Z8 was delivered with no signature but I can’t remember who they used.

I can't comment on FedEx, but for the last 4-5 months I have received at least half a dozen deliveries from UPS with signature required by my camera store and stated in the email I would get from UPS telling me my shipment was on the way. Not a single time did UPS ask for a signature on delivery of item. Nor did they even ring my doorbell. And this included a shipment of the very expensive Nikon Z 600mm + TC.
Fortunately, there was no tampering or stealing of the packages.
I guess we now live in a different world. I wonder how often UPS gets burned by this policy. What if I just took the lens and then claimed I never received it and want full reimbursement so I could have a free lens? Too bad that I'm too honest to do something like that. ;)

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you, but this is not the first report of this type of issue I have read in the few photo forums that I read. B&H is probably going to be the ones who ultimately resolve the issue for you. Henry Posner from B&H now posts on the forum and he has always been very helpful at resolving issues. If you are having trouble, I recommend reaching out to him. He has been there for years and solved many customer issues.

Good luck,

--Ken

Heads up! I ordered a Zf from B&H lat week. Today Fedex delivered the box and did not ring the door for a signature. The box was tampered with because the B&H tape was broken and the box was taped up. Upon opening the box, the Zf and the lens are missing. Since B&H is closed today, I filed a report with Fedex and emailed B&H the details.

Just posting for awareness, but also wanted to know if anyone has had this experience or knows what the customary procedure is for this kind of sick debacle?
I’ve had problems with FedEx, and have alerted B&H about it. Not to excuse FedEx, but all of the delivery services seem to be having trouble lately. In my experience, B&H always does the right thing, so I’m confident that they’ll make it right. Sorry for your troubles.

Since Covid it's been common practice for drivers to squiggle sign for packages. The awful quality of the signature software makes it questionable identifying who actually signed.

Sorry for your misadventure.
Mal

Over the past 5-7 years I have had FedEx and UPS deliver dozens of packages safely, but not always on time. However, many of these were photo equipment, computer or stereo equipment. Not one was damaged, and all that required a signature were indeed signed for by me. When wine was being delivered some drivers (the ones I didn't know) asked for ID.

As they say, YMMV, but I celebrate one of the joys of small town living!

My recent expensive B&H orders have been delivered by FedEx, and I’ve sold a few lenses to KEH using FedEx Ground as the deliverer to KEH in Atlanta. I suppose I’m lucky in that I’ve not yet had a problem. In this case I expect that B&H will replace the stolen camera and resolve it financially with FedEx.

Man, they better or i wont use them again.
The last 2 bodies and 3 lens from BH all required sig and the guy did ask for it, but what an additude, every time. One time he said your making me work. By having a package sent that requires a sig? BHs free shipping is FE. You can get other options but then you pay.
Fed EX in general is horrible. we have another kid bring packages across the street on a regular basis. I have my number in 4 places on my house / stairs /deck in reflective numbers AND on the mail box with a white arrow pointing to my house. And yet? He goes across the street. And besides that, were and odd number and all the odds are on one side and the even numbers are on the other side. You deliver packages and dont know that? It seems there is one guy for sig items and other drivers for regualr delivery’s.

Our UPS guy is a treasure, almost like a friend. He tells me about his vacations, whats going on with him, great guy, never a problem.

I’ve had signature required and insurance of $28,000 on a Krieghoff shotgun and they left it at my door. You’re only as good as your weakest link.
Thants nuts! Your right though, it comes down to the driver. BUT, like all the pharmacists on strike, I think the corporate bean counters just keep piling on delivery’s to these guys and that they are overwhelmed.

I am stunned that B-H still trusts FedEX, they should be Fed Up of this! I ordered a tripod that was on sale last November, it got to Dallas and was 'lost'. BH sent another, same- lost after arriving at Dallas terminal. 3rd time, I got the Robus tripod, very decent quality for a right price.

I can't comment on FedEx, but for the last 4-5 months I have received at least half a dozen deliveries from UPS with signature required by my camera store and stated in the email I would get from UPS telling me my shipment was on the way. Not a single time did UPS ask for a signature on delivery of item. Nor did they even ring my doorbell. And this included a shipment of the very expensive Nikon Z 600mm + TC.
Fortunately, there was no tampering or stealing of the packages.
I guess we now live in a different world. I wonder how often UPS gets burned by this policy. What if I just took the lens and then claimed I never received it and want full reimbursement so I could have a free lens? Too bad that I'm too honest to do something like that. ;)
I wondered about that last sentence as well. Thankfully, I created an unboxing video for a friend of mine, but then again, anyone could make that up too.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you, but this is not the first report of this type of issue I have read in the few photo forums that I read. B&H is probably going to be the ones who ultimately resolve the issue for you. Henry Posner from B&H now posts on the forum and he has always been very helpful at resolving issues. If you are having trouble, I recommend reaching out to him. He has been there for years and solved many customer issues.

Good luck,

--Ken
Oh, that’s super comforting to know. I will do that. Thank you so much!

My recent expensive B&H orders have been delivered by FedEx, and I’ve sold a few lenses to KEH using FedEx Ground as the deliverer to KEH in Atlanta. I suppose I’m lucky in that I’ve not yet had a problem. In this case I expect that B&H will replace the stolen camera and resolve it financially with FedEx.
I truly hope so! Thank you.

I was going to suggest, if you haven't already done so, posting on DPReview as well because I've seen Henry from B&H frequently taking notice of people's issues and reaching out to them regarding their problems. He did so for me for one thing. I don't recall if he posts here or not.

Back