Grand Teton, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PAUL50

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This is the Grand Teton Mountain at Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. Your comments and critiques will be appreciated. Last time I posted, I took it down because it appeared over sharpened. If it still appears over sharpened please let me know and it will be back to the drawing board. Thanks all.
Teton.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

beautiful set. Hard to tell if they are over sharpened or not due to forum compression requirements. From my 27" monitor they look fine.

Jeff

This is the Grand Teton Mountain at Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. Your comments and critiques will be appreciated. Last time I posted, I took it down because it appeared over sharpened. If it still appears over sharpened please let me know and it will be back to the drawing board. Thanks all.
Great series, love the light and the clouds and compositions.

To my eyes the rocks on the Grand, especially that first image are still a bit over sharpened but not nearly like the original series.

Sharpening and what constitutes 'too much' is in the eye of the beholder so others may find it just right but FWIW when teaching sharpening in PS classes the final step after checking fine detail and looking for obvious halos would be to toggle the sharpening on and off quickly and ask if the overall image looked realistic and sharp or looked harsh. For instance if green summer grass takes on the look of grass you wouldn't want to walk on for fear of slicing your feet or fur looks like a Brillo pad then the sharpening is likely excessive. To me the rock on the Grand Teton looks that way, too much striation and visible sharp lines along the rock faces but that's just my opinion viewing this on a laptop screen so others may see it differently.

I really like the series and love the light in several of those Mormon Row images. Really nice!

-Dave

Back