Hiking Stool suggestions

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Forget the stool. Get a chair from Helinox or Nemo. You will want two.

These are amazing as they are very compact, lightweight, and with a back, much more comfortable than a stool.

Forget the stool. Get a chair from Helinox or Nemo. You will want two.

These are amazing as they are very compact, lightweight, and with a back, much more comfortable than a stool.
We have had a previous version my wife no longer used it and donated it since she found it to low difficult to move around on to move the camera toward the bird etc.. She does not use a pack. Her backpacking days are long gone. Instead she has her camera on a BR strap and the stool attached to a belt and if she is just doing a short move she just carries it in her hand.

I liked the chairs for backpacking even if I carried both of them.

Last edited:
Walkstool has an attachment for soft surfaces. Attaches to the feet. Keeps 240 lbs from sinking in sand or mud.
yup the walkstool steady my wife uses it on hers which she keeps in the suv ... mine almost never got used so she requisitioned it for a stool to use in the bedroom closet when she is getting dressed :) It has the walkstool steady on it but the carpet not really thick enough to need it :)

For the guys, get the largest one you can! Try before you buy! I tried two at our local sports emporium, and the forward leg's end pressed uncomfortably in unmentionable places!o_O

Back