How many camera bodies?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I honestly regret selling the D 700 and thought that was one of the best DSLR‘s I ever owned.
Yes i can relate to that, i also loved my D700 it is a nice camera and brought me a lot of joy, i teamed it up with my D3X as a combo.

I love a low resolution large pixel pitch camera, D700 D3S style.
I was gifted a DF, i just love that camera on really good glass, it is just wonderful, especially in black and white photography, small light as well.

Yes i can relate to that, i also loved my D700 it is a nice camera and brought me a lot of joy, i teamed it up with my D3X as a combo.

I love a low resolution large pixel pitch camera, D700 D3S style.
I was gifted a DF, i just love that camera on really good glass, it is just wonderful, especially in black and white photography, small light as well.
The images from the D700 were awesome in my opinion and handled low light extremely well being a low MP sensor.

I've never liked a gripped body or the size of a flagship body. But I'll admit I expected the Z9 in a smaller footprint in 2022. I don't use subject detect that often, and action and wildlife don't represent a high percentage of what I photograph, so functionally I'm still committed to my original plan and will get the updated camera this year. I hope.
I can relate to some of what your saying, i have the D850 and the Z9, the Z9 i have had for over a year.

its impressive but not my main camera for everything.

Late 2023 i will see about swapping it out for a Z8 if it ticks the boxes.

z9, d850, d500, d3100, b700, assorted panasonic, minolta , ge and canon old film or point and shoots. z9 and d500 are primary camera's, d850 for sale, the film sit unused in the closet, the others are for the grandkids when we go on photo excursions together. Some of the grands may become my excursion companions in the future I hope. Then there's the mavic air, gopro and trail cam. Goodness it seems like a lot when you write them all down.

Last edited:
z9, d850, d500, d3100, b700, assorted panasonic, minolta , ge and conon old film or point and shoots. z9 and d500 are primary camera's, d850 for sale, the film sit unused in the closet, the others are for the grandkids when we go on photo excursions together. Some of the grands may become my excursion companions in the future I hope. Then there's the mavic air, gopro and trail cam. Goodness it seems like a lot when you write them all down.
That’s a lot!

In theory I have access to three bodies (D610, D810) and and my full time body the Z9. My wife has become quite enthused herself with wildlife and photography so I have passed the older bodies down to her for this reason. I feel this was a fair trade as she did get the Z9 for me Christmas of 2021.😁😁

Z9, Z7, D500, D7500 and OMD EM-5. All but the 2 Z's sit in a cabinet and don't get used. I keep thinking I need to sell the older stuff, but never seem to get around to it. My latest plan is to sell all but the Z9 and put the proceeds towards a 6 or 7III, Z8 ? I can't see needing more than 2 cameras for my needs.

Last edited:
I have a D3, D3s, D800, D810, D2xs, Df, D600 and one that started me off in Photography is my FTN with F36 moror drive. Along with the FTN which I had 2 I also had 2-F2's, FA, F3. I sold all the film cameras (except the FTN) to KEH a few years ago.

You’re lucky or you only change lenses in a very clean room.
Sony sensor dust is a well known issue.

I try not to change lenses at all if I can help it. I have three lenses I use for wildlife and I keep a separate body on all of them in the field.

Regular cameras these days are Canon R5 and Leica Q2.

I regret selling my Nikon 35mm SLRs.

… David

Sorry for not responding earlier, I missed Your reply somehow.
I would say I'm not yet in good terms with 20D. It lacks QOL features like auto ISO, is heavy and has not so good ergonomics. But I hope we just need time to adjust to each other ;) And I didn't have much time to use it. Only free day I lately had with acceptable light on sunrise, I did use to spend with my new D500, ducks and seagulls ;)
In terms of 35mm SLRs... I was thinking to go back to my old Practica and play a bit with black and white film. I loved making such photos in high school and college but in the end I decided that DSLR and birds are much more fun for me, at least for now.

I have way too many, as my perception is that you get a pittance when you sell them and I admit (openly!) to being something of a gadget freak and a packrat. I still have three film cameras upstairs in a drawer (Nikon Ftn, Nikon 8008, Nikon 2020). I have only one DSLR left, however, the D850, which I use less and less. I did sell several DSLRs. I currently use both Nikon and Olympus mirrorless cameras, plus I own a Panasonic G9 I rarely use. I actually am toying with picking up a Sony body to add to the fun, as I already have a 200-600mm adapted for Nikon (works great on the Z9). What can i say? I like playing with toys. I am assuming here that small digital cameras don't count in this, as I have a drawer full of older, low megapixel pocket cameras that are virtually worthless in resale value.

Back