Hummers -- Share Your Hummingbird Images

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Backyard-1177-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Was sitting out on the front porch this evening enjoying a cold beverage when I noticed this young Broad Tailed Hummingbird flying around though the lawn sprinkler. But when it settled onto the leaves of a nearby bush to enjoy its shower I grabbed my camera.

It all happened in a couple of minutes but in hindsight I should have slowed down the shutter speed to get a little motion blur from the water droplets and reduce the ISO but I'm still happy with the result.

Nikon D500, 500mm PF @f/5.6 1/2500", ISO 2500 LR and Topaz Noise
500_3484-Edit_websize.jpg

Great images. I might as well throw in some. Hummers are a great source of pleasure for me and an equal source of frustration. Tough to get all things right-exposure, SS, composition, situation. Often I come close, but never quite there. One thing I have learned-if you want to take pictures of hummingbirds, go to where the hummingbirds are. Certainly Ecuador is one of those places.
sword billed hummingbird-1.jpg

Great images. I might as well throw in some. Hummers are a great source of pleasure for me and an equal source of frustration. Tough to get all things right-exposure, SS, composition, situation. Often I come close, but never quite there. One thing I have learned-if you want to take pictures of hummingbirds, go to where the hummingbirds are. Certainly Ecuador is one of those places.

Super!
One day, I'd love to go.

Was sitting out on the front porch this evening enjoying a cold beverage when I noticed this young Broad Tailed Hummingbird flying around though the lawn sprinkler. But when it settled onto the leaves of a nearby bush to enjoy its shower I grabbed my camera.

It all happened in a couple of minutes but in hindsight I should have slowed down the shutter speed to get a little motion blur from the water droplets and reduce the ISO but I'm still happy with the result.

Nikon D500, 500mm PF @f/5.6 1/2500", ISO 2500 LR and Topaz Noise

Don't sweat it, Dave. This one came out really nice! :)

Back