I am curious as to why some photos are allowed and as to why some are removed/rejected.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Feiertag

Last week, I submit a photo of a Bald eagle in flight, with a Widgeon duck in its talons. From what I gather, It was removed. Was it because of the prey? If so, why are certain birds (Eagles and Ospreys) with fish, allowed? Just asking! Cheers.

I don't think there are any restrictions on images with prey. Perhaps your image was too large. I see some of your recent images are 1400 x 1400 pixels. I think the forum prefers they be no larger than 1200 on the long side. The file size was well under the 1MB limit, though.

Steve's video for resizing:

we removed one image to my certain knowledge in the past three years due to its totally political content that wasn’t even relevant to photography.
I don’t know of any other instance where a photo was removed. The help forum suggests image sizes…

@Feiertag please see my pm … I’m looking into this

I don't think there are any restrictions on images with prey. Perhaps your image was too large. I see some of your recent images are 1400 x 1400 pixels. I think the forum prefers they be no larger than 1200 on the long side. The file size was well under the 1MB limit, though.

Steve's video for resizing:

yes, the allowed size is small enough that you typically have to resize explicitly for the forum

Was it accom
Last week, I submit a photo of a Bald eagle in flight, with a Widgeon duck in its talons. From what I gather, It was removed. Was it because of the prey? If so, why are certain birds (Eagles and Ospreys) with fish, allowed? Just asking! Cheers.
Was your image accompanied by a comment on regarding environmental custodianship? This subject is considered political on this site (I know!) and will be removed.

we removed one image to my certain knowledge in the past three years due to its totally political content that wasn’t even relevant to photography.
I don’t know of any other instance where a photo was removed. The help forum suggests image sizes…

@Feiertag please see my pm … I’m looking into this

Thank you, Patrick. I responded to your message.

I didn't remove it either - not sure if anyone did. As Patrick says, we don't remove photos that often. I can't remember the last time we did. Do you happen to have a link to it (even if it dines't work)? It's a bit concerning to me that if it's gone - that shouldn't happen.
Member Woddyg3 stated that he did see my post. My photo was under 1mg in size.

I did repost less than an hour ago.
Immediately after posting, did you see it in this thread? If so, do you see it now? What is the size of the image? dpi, long and short sides in pixels.............?

Edit: It appears you posted a new thread....not the image in this thread. The new thread appears to be displaying OK.

Again, none of the moderators removed the thread or image. We don't know what happened.....

Last edited:
Back