iPad to read Steve's eBooks

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have a 2015 model iPad Pro 12". I like the bigger iPads for reading because the screen is about what we think of as "standard" paper4 size. As others have said, any iPad will work. Steve's books are PDF format and any iPad can read them. I do think the larger ones offer the benefit of a bigger screen but they come at a cost of weight and money.

Jeff

Hi,
After I paid $200 to print the Secret to Z9 book, Ver 3.0 came around.
I like reading on a full-size paper. If always printing new books doesn't make sense, Which model iPad would fulfill that need?
I won't use the iPad for any post-processing. Just for reading books comfortably.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
I’ve had three successive iPad Airs over the years, and all of them handled Steve’s books just fine. In fact, I use my iPad for just about everything, except of course photo editing. Not sure what you consider “full sized paper” but the iPad screen is pretty close to 8.5 x 11.

Hi,
After I paid $200 to print the Secret to Z9 book, Ver 3.0 came around.
I like reading on a full-size paper. If always printing new books doesn't make sense, Which model iPad would fulfill that need?
I won't use the iPad for any post-processing. Just for reading books comfortably.
First, Any Ipad would do. In my day job, I am a pastor... I write, read, mark up, generally work everyday from an Ipad. To me the mini is too small to read, the Pro is too large to carry... but the Ipad Air is just right. You would not need to have the cellular internet connection, so you would save about $150 which makes it much more affordable. I use the ipad for everything except photo editing, that is reserved for my desktop PC. I have used the ipads (three of them over the years) for more than 11 years. I wont be without it... it is that valuable. Once I saw the value, I dont leave home without it!

I'm not sure I really understand the OP's issue here--evident at first; and all replies are constructive.
If the OP is concerned about using devices to read before bedtime--ok--lots of info about this and not good for many. A valid issue.
So then...why ask about another device? Why discuss buying printers and binding 400 pages?
Why not just buy the book? It answers all your issues.
Used to work for me until I went with a Kindle (new one recently) to read outside; and my iPad to read inside (love the color renditions of the book covers and colors in Steve's books!). And I love how the Kindle app syncs my books. I now convert all my PDFs to Kindle format.

iPad is great for books especially if you travel. I have all Steve’s books on mine as well as birding books and lots of novels which are essential for traveling and can also do mail, searches etc.

Gen 3 iPad pro. Still quite powerful. Currently what I own. Available on refurb market. Would stick to a reputable reseller. Here is a possible option.

Apple also offers refurbs direct but currently only a 1TB gen 3 at about 1k.

Back