Is Steve going to Spain end of January?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RichF

Well-known and Infamous Member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Could Steve be considered an important influencer? Will nikon invite him (pay for him) to attend the not-so-secret Z6 iii prelaunch event?

we can look forward to another outstanding review my Steve.

Then again, Steve says he does not take anything from Nikon (other than free use of the camera or lens to review it). Wonder if that policy is about to change?

we can look forward to another outstanding review my Steve.

Then again, Steve says he does not take anything from Nikon (other than free use of the camera or lens to review it). Wonder if that policy is about to change?
Only travel expenses is on him.

Could Steve be considered an important influencer? Will nikon invite him (pay for him) to attend the not-so-secret Z6 iii prelaunch event?

I this like the children’s book Where’s Waldo?

Where’s Steve?!

IMG_1022.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

IMG_1023.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

😂😂😂 Couldn’t agree more. My nephew is a wedding photographer and the stories he tells are unbelievable. I’d have no patience for it at all.
I used to be one - for nearly a decade - and it was awful. At first, you try to convince yourself that it's not that bad and that the money is good and that it allows you to keep pursuing nature photography, but man, eventually you decide it really is terrible. Of course, you keep doing it because by then you're good at it, are making good money, and it's only once (sometimes twice) a week right? Eventually you totally burn out and feel resentful every time you shoot one and know it's time to do something else. Never again for me. Some people love 'em, but I'm not one of their number.

😂😂😂 Couldn’t agree more. My nephew is a wedding photographer and the stories he tells are unbelievable. I’d have no patience for it at all.
I shot one wedding and realized 1) I do not have the personality to shoot weddings, and 2) well, see number 1.

I can see me saying "It's a camera, not a magic box. short of layering in a super model in post processing, there is absolutely nothing I can do to make your mother in law look good. Fact is, I'd probably have to layer in 3 super models to take up the space where I cut her out." 😁 😁 😁 😁

I doubt if I would get too many references for future gigs. Actually, I'm not a rude person. Just weddings and being around bunches of people, especially people I don't know really isn't my thing. I'm more comfortable out in the woods with wild critters.

Jeff

Last edited:
I used to be one - for nearly a decade - and it was awful. At first, you try to convince yourself that it's not that bad and that the money is good and that it allows you to keep pursuing nature photography, but man, eventually you decide it really is terrible. Of course, you keep doing it because by then you're good at it, are making good money, and it's only once (sometimes twice) a week right? Eventually you totally burn out and feel resentful every time you shoot one and know it's time to do something else. Never again for me. Some people love 'em, but I'm not one of their number.

Hahaha!! You sound like my good buddy Charles Glatzer! He was a wedding photographer when we first met 20++ yrs ago and he couldn't wait to quit! He started his "Shoot the Light" company and he became my guru many years ago, now he is a Canon Explorer of Light and killing it doing all kinds of Nature Photography all over the world which was always his dream! Maybe wedding photographers make great nature photographers? 😉

Hahaha!! You sound like my good buddy Charles Glatzer! He was a wedding photographer when we first met 20++ yrs ago and he couldn't wait to quit! He started his "Shoot the Light" company and he became my guru many years ago, now he is a Canon Explorer of Light and killing it doing all kinds of Nature Photography all over the world which was always his dream! Maybe wedding photographers make great nature photographers? 😉
LOL, I think a lot of nature photographers have a tough time making it at first so we start with weddings. I'll bet there are a ton of closet nature photographers out there shooting weddings :)

Back