Looking for an underseat airline bag reccomendation

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I use an original GuraGear Chobe bag to hold my laptop and other camera accessories, medicines, etc. . It fits under the seat or above it if there is room. My camera bag carry on that could also fit under a seat is one of two backpack style models made by Peak Design.--Backpack and Backpack zip. Both modles come in two different sizes. I have the larger BackPack Zip.

Hey, everyone... I hope your new year is fantastic!

So, we're heading to Costa Rica soon... I've gotten my travel kit pretty well dialed in over the years but one thing I'd really like to add is a day pack that will fit under the airline seat in front of me... hold my laptop and tablet (iPad Air), a few necessities incase I get stranded away from checked luggage over night (change of socks, a t-shirt, a days meds, etc), a camera body and travel lens (35 or 50mm)... but will ALSO be useful when I'm day tripping in Costa Rica or at home and want to carry a wide angle lens, macro lens, a few filters, strap my tripod to it maybe, and also carry my film camera (Yashica Electro 35 Rangefinder)...

I already have a large camera back pack, a wheeled carry on, a couple hard cases, etc that I could use if I wanted... I am really looking for a small(ish), but not TOO small, day pack that will fit under seat for convince while traveling, and not to obviously containing expensive gear...

I was looking at the Think Tank Backlight 18L or 20L (maybe the 20L is called something else)... Or maybe just a rucksack and put like and F-stop slopped medium ICU in it (the 5.11 tactical rucksack Rush 24(?) would be about the right size I just hate looking para-military)...

What are you all using for this purpose???
I just bought an gura gear small backpack It's incredibly well made and thought through. It's only 18L but I was amazed at what I can get in it.

Back