Mac Users, are you on Sonoma, or still using Ventura?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

What Mac OS are you currently using?

• I upgraded to Sonoma

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • I am still on Ventura

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters
Are you sure? I have a 2009 27” iMac that by the internet said I was limited to OS 10.12.6 and wanted to use it as a second screen. I contacted Apple Support and after I told them all the apple products I had they gave me a link to upgrade to 10.13.6 and I now can use the iMac as a screen only. I was told everything after OS 10.13.6 has that capability. Your machine should be way ahead of that. It could just be your cable you are using. You would need a Thunderbolt 3 or 4. I had to use a third party adaptor in the back of the computer to be able to use a USB C. Good luck.
When I contacted Apple Support I was told that the 2017 iMac could not be used as a 2nd monitor and that using remote connect only feeds a jpeg quality image. My question to them was if I get a Mac Studio, could I use the 5k screen as an external monitor? I love the 5k. I have a super fast windows machine that I remote to, as well as another iMac, a 24”… but it’s the quality of the video feed that concerns me. As you know, jpeg probably isn’t good enough for editing.

I’ll get back to Apple support …

updated: It to use an iMac display, the iMac needs to have Target Display - this is for older Macs and was dropped for later versions, including the 2017 iMac 27" 5k.

Last edited:
I will try again. My MacBook is the 2021 M1 Max with 64 gig ram. Should I just delete. NX Studio and reload it? I really need this to work.
I would just run the installer first. If that doesn't work, right click on the icon under applications and move to trash. Then delete the following folders as well.
Shift+Command+L will bring up the Library folder.
1700391027287.png

1700391231528.png

Back