Mother Brown Bear Feeding Cubs-Lake Clark Alaska

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

johnehrenfeldphotography@gmail

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I believe a Z-9 is as good a pro camera as any. After having it for over a year, I know the menu and settings inside and out. Thanks to Steve Perry initially and then lots of perseverance. It's worth it. It's a great tool if you know how to use it and the combinations and creative choices one can make seem endless. Nikon also has done an exemplary job with meaningful firmware updates.

Many will use it as a basic camera without taking advantage of all its capabilities. Nothing wrong with that. But, it's a great tool to really experiment with and break the rules occasionally.

Laying in mud. Lake Clark Alaska, 8/23

Bears.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I believe a Z-9 is as good a pro camera as any. After having it for over a year, I know the menu and settings inside and out. Thanks to Steve Perry initially and then lots of perseverance. It's worth it. It's a great tool if you know how to use it and the combinations and creative choices one can make seem endless. Nikon also has done an exemplary job with meaningful firmware updates.

Many will use it as a basic camera without taking advantage of all its capabilities. Nothing wrong with that. But, it's a great tool to really experiment with and break the rules occasionally.

Laying in mud. Lake Clark Alaska, 8/23

View attachment 69748
Oustanding shot John!

Excellent shot. I love the featureless blue surroundings that isolate the animal and compliment the color of the fur. It's amazing how they will just flop down anywhere to feed the kids.

Like Dan (@NorthernFocus) said, I love how the bears are isolated in the frame, especially by their shadow which conveys the sense of an island to me. Super nice shot.

Is this image an example of what you meant by going beyond the normal capabilities of the Z9 ? Can you elaborate? I have the Z9 and feel I am only scratching the surface of its feature set.

Back