My camera data help

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MikeA

Supporting Member
Marketplace
For some reason my camera data is not shown with my posted images. Do I have to change any kind of settings? I could not figure out how.

Can anybody help an older grey haired digital immigrant?

Thank you.

Do you know if the data is in the image file before posting? Presuming that your images are exported from a software app (and not straight out of your camera), then one place to check is the software's export interface. Within that UI there are usually settings to control what data is included in the exported image.

Do you know if the data is in the image file before posting? Presuming that your images are exported from a software app (and not straight out of your camera), then one place to check is the software's export interface. Within that UI there are usually settings to control what data is included in the exported image.
The data is there in the jpeg

This thread may help. Two things stand out to me: First, you need to upload directly to this site rather than from, e.g., Flickr. Second, if the image is large enough that it needs to be resized for display, the site will strip out the exif data when resizing. FWIW
I do upload directly, I will check the size. That is probably the reason. I export from lightroom with the correct size, then export to iphone Fotos and sometimes upload the image from Fotos from my iphone. That might change the original size and if a resize happens….thank you problem most likely solved👍

From Lightroom to my PC yes, from there to my iphone and then from there to the site not sure.
On the iPhone image, tap the i to open the info screen; that’s where you’ll see the image size.

on the pc, why not upload directly rather than via your iPhone?

On the iPhone image, tap the i to open the info screen; that’s where you’ll see the image size.

on the pc, why not upload directly rather than via your iPhone?
Because I share with the family using Whatsapp, I use Airdrop to move the image to the iphone. I did not realize that exporting to an iphone results in a larger image - just checked and yes, it does. So in future -> yes, directly to this site from the PC and not from an iphone.

Back