If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PhD69

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hello,

I’m new here and this is my first post. I’m Philippe, from France. I live in Lyon.

A few months ago, I bought a second Sony A1 with a 600mm GM (I already owned an A1 + 200-600 G).
To get the most of both combos, I spent hours (cumulated days) reading Steve’s Sony A1 Ultimate Guide and watching his multiple / excellent videos.

I used all this material this summer in Brazil, in the Atlantic Forest and photographing Pantanal’s wildlife as well.

There is no doubt that the valuable advice provided by Steve allowed me to use the (A1 + 600mm) much better than in a “standard configuration” like "A" mode for example.

I had the opportunity to thank Steve for the quality of his sharing, both for the precision of the topics and for their variety.

Now it’s time for photographs. If you want to see more of my pictures, you can visit my website www.philippedestine.com

Of course, your comments are welcome.

I am very happy to join BCG community, to learn even more about wildlife photography.

Kind regards.
Philippe

BCG-008.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Hello,

I’m new here and this is my first post. I’m Philippe, from France. I live in Lyon.

A few months ago, I bought a second Sony A1 with a 600mm GM (I already owned an A1 + 200-600 G).
To get the most of both combos, I spent hours (cumulated days) reading Steve’s Sony A1 Ultimate Guide and watching his multiple / excellent videos.

I used all this material this summer in Brazil, in the Atlantic Forest and photographing Pantanal’s wildlife as well.

There is no doubt that the valuable advice provided by Steve allowed me to use the (A1 + 600mm) much better than in a “standard configuration” like "A" mode for example.

I had the opportunity to thank Steve for the quality of his sharing, both for the precision of the topics and for their variety.

Now it’s time for photographs. If you want to see more of my pictures, you can visit my website www.philippedestine.com

Of course, your comments are welcome.

I am very happy to join BCG community, to learn even more about wildlife photography.

Kind regards.
Philippe

View attachment 49998
Beautiful shot!👍👍👍 I checked out your website, those photos are incredible, Well done!!!

I like your photo, now heading to the wed link
Edit, super images on your www - Peru people eat well, not a slim person in the many photos

Last edited:
Excellent shot with the water droplets. Seeing the big cats in motion is uncommon and makes for a great shot.
Thank you for your comment.

In 7 days on site at the Pantanal, we saw the jaguar every day, sometimes several times a day. On the other hand, we’ve only seen him go into action twice, always to hunt birds. Lost in both cases.

Luckily, I was well positioned and prepared every time.

Special image. Equally impressive portfolio via your link.

How did you get in position and set up for that shot?
Midway , thank you for your feedback about my site.

Regarding the jaguar photograph, I was +-33 meters from the subject (cf. Focus Distance 2 in RawDigger), installed in a boat and placed on a solid tripod, the A1 + 600mm being fixed on a WH-200 Wimberley Head Version II.

The picture was taken at 07:10 AM. Even if the light was already sufficient (and still beautiful), I preferred to benefit from the stability provided by the tripod, including for panning.

The A1 was in full manual mode with auto-ISO and animal eye-tracking activated, which was correctly managed by the A1.

The photo I present is cropped in 16*9 format (of which I am a fan) and very slightly cropped on theleft to center the subject. Given the low cropping this represents, we thus benefit from a maximum of pixels provided by the A1.

I hope that answers your question.

Available for any clarification.

Welcome Philippe, Amazing Jaguar action shot, they are beautiful animals. I love your site, beside your superb wildlife photographs, you look to be a very accomplished photojournalist. (y) (y)

I like your photo, now heading to the wed link
Edit, super images on your www - Peru people eat well, not a slim person in the many photos
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to visit my site.

As you may have seen, traveling is my other passion.

Peru is a fabulous country, with large spaces, for those who want to breathe the open air.

Looking forward to another contact on bcgforums

Kind regards.

Welcome Philippe, Amazing Jaguar action shot, they are beautiful animals. I love your site, beside your superb wildlife photographs, you look to be a very accomplished photojournalist. (y) (y)
Many thanks for your kind words ;)

Holy Toledo Batman! That is one heck of a shot and your website is chock full of many more. Love the otter swimming straight at us pushing the wake. Wife and I spent about 5 days in the Pantanal about 5 years ago and saw zero cats. Have to say I am envious, but even if we did I wouldn't have been capable of getting the shots you did. Superb. Really awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Holy Toledo Batman! That is one heck of a shot and your website is chock full of many more. Love the otter swimming straight at us pushing the wake. Wife and I spent about 5 days in the Pantanal about 5 years ago and saw zero cats. Have to say I am envious, but even if we did I wouldn't have been capable of getting the shots you did. Superb. Really awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you very much for your comment which is very nice to read.

Back