Nikon Financing through Breadpay

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Any members expereince with financing through Nikon and Breadpay? Nikon.jpg

I received an email with this offer, was considering purchasing 400/f4.5, have the money upfront, but 24 months 0% APR, could be smart way to use thier money for this purchase. Just never used any of these deals, so a little skeptical.

I received an email with this offer, was considering purchasing 400/f4.5, have the money upfront, but 24 months 0% APR, could be smart way to use thier money for this purchase. Just never used any of these deals, so a little skeptical.
I don’t think Nikon would associate themselves with a dodgy finance company.

Breadpay gets mostly good reviews. A few complaints about customer service but otherwise pretty positive.

I can’t vouch for the accuracy of this statement but some folks complained that they didn’t accept credit card payments. Paying a 0% loan with a 20% credit card strikes me as a really bad move.

I assume they charge tax on the purchase, so this deal competes with the B H deal with their card.

I bought a lot of stuff last year and Adorama assigned a personal shopper to me and suggested they can get me a special deal on future purchases? Has anyone had that kind of arrangement with Adorama, and if so what should I expect?

No experience with "bread pay" through Nikon, but B&H's newest payboo card is through Bread Financial, same entity I would guess. I've had no issues with it. From my card login.

"2024 Bread Financial. This site gives access to services offered by Comenity Capital Bank, which is part of Bread Financial. B&H Accounts are issued by Comenity Capital Bank"

I assume they charge tax on the purchase, so this deal competes with the B H deal with their card.

I bought a lot of stuff last year and Adorama assigned a personal shopper to me and suggested they can get me a special deal on future purchases? Has anyone had that kind of arrangement with Adorama, and if so what should I expect?
I’ve never seen B&H offer 24 month interest free financing.

As a caveat - the most important thing to keep in mind about any of these sorts of financing offers is that you *must* make the payments on time. These companies make their money on people missing just *one* payment, and instantly they owe something like 29.99% more of the full price [edit: see below - there can still be substantial charges for missing paying it off by the end date] - even if it's the last payment and you missed it by a day, or somehow they "didn't get it"!

Should be illegal/usury imo, but right now it's legal. Just a heads up. Read the terms ;)

That said, payboo can obviously save $100s in tax on a single purchase if you turn around and pay it all off immediately.

Cheers!

Last edited:
As a caveat - the most important thing to keep in mind about any of these sorts of financing offers is that you *must* make the payments on time. These companies make their money on people missing just *one* payment, and instantly they owe something like 29.99% more of the full price - even if it's the last payment and you missed it by a day, or somehow they "didn't get it"!

Should be illegal/usury imo, but right now it's legal. Just a heads up. Read the terms ;)

That said, payboo can obviously save $100s in tax on a single purchase if you turn around and pay it all off immediately.

Cheers!
Are you sure this applies to Bread Finanacing? I read the terms on thier website: " If the amount is not paid off by the date required, you may be charged for all the interest accumulated from the date of purchase.", nothing about if you miss a payment you have to start paying the interest?

Was contemplating the Z 400 f4 but it looks like there's limited Z mount long lenses in this offer. Good for all the cameras though.

??? I was considering the same lens 400/f4, offer was good for this lens. Even put in my cart and was eligible for 0% for 24 months.

Are you sure this applies to Bread Finanacing? I read the terms on thier website: " If the amount is not paid off by the date required, you may be charged for all the interest accumulated from the date of purchase.", nothing about if you miss a payment you have to start paying the interest?
That was what I had read previously about Payboo (and one reason why I didn't do it), but I think they have changed it/improved it.

Here is the full agreement:
https://d.comenity.net/ac/bhphoto/public/credit-card-agreement

I skimmed that, and I think they might have modified it (improved) since I last looked. But it is true that if you don't pay it all off by the due date, you get hit with a large additional interest payment.

I recall that B&H terminated the first version of Payboo with Comenity (iirc), and it was gone for a month or so, then returned - perhaps it was B&H forcing them to make it a more reasonable agreement after customer complaints...? Complete speculation that - but it puzzled me at the time.

That sort of "instant interest" unfortunately is pretty standard for these teaser deals. Caveat Emptor! But now it seems more like a "typical usurously high interest rate" agreement, so I might do it to save the tax in the future.

Cheers!

[Edit] and let me add that I've used B&H many times, and they are very solid, and I continue to be a customer. I do try to buy local if I can though of course ;)

I used this option to purchase a lens that will be paid for this October, as well as a Z8 last year. I've had zero issues. The payment comes out of my bank account every month like clockwork. Almost like an old school layaway plan except you get to use the merchandise before it is completely paid for; great way to use someone else's money.

Back