Nikon Financing through Breadpay

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

FYI - I have used PayBoo at the B-H, taking advantage of full payment and excusing my tax. On the 600PF that was a bunch of cash saved, as well as the Z8. Each time I receive an email suggesting when I should send payment so it will be processed in proper time frame. So they are on the ball, I say. Both times I had already sent in full payment, but still, I think it is good they take care to alert the due payment

The PayBoo option would save tons of money, but then you’re locked into being on potentially endless wait lists on for new, high-demand, low inventory, product releases (800PF, 180-600, 400 & 600TC, etc). Paying tax vs. getting it sooner from a smaller store 🤔

FYI - I have used PayBoo at the B-H, taking advantage of full payment and excusing my tax. On the 600PF that was a bunch of cash saved, as well as the Z8. Each time I receive an email suggesting when I should send payment so it will be processed in proper time frame. So they are on the ball, I say. Both times I had already sent in full payment, but still, I think it is good they take care to alert the due payment
Using Payboo save sales tax, but what is the interest rate on the loan? Is it 0% interest as well?

Using Payboo save sales tax, but what is the interest rate on the loan? Is it 0% interest as well?
I can't answer that - on checkout I click the full payment to save tax box. However they do offer a no interest (but tax included in price) for a 12 month time frame. If a payment is missed or short, I'd assume interest kicks in, big time.

It's one benefit or the other - you choose if you "pay no tax" or "0% interest for X months" - not both. Note that the bank gets final approval before making this loan (but I think they tell you right away if you're eligible).

Cheers!

Yes, good on cameras including the Zfc in coral pink. Who is ordering with me? ;)

View attachment 79944
I'll take two!!! Ooops, missed the special financing deadline.... so I guess not.
Any members expereince with financing through Nikon and Breadpay?View attachment 79932
I used this option for a Z 70-200 and a Z 1.4 TC last year and things are working out for me, so far. They are very good about sending e-mail reminders that a payment is due in advance. One way I try to stay in good graces is to make payments about a month early. Then again, with the paltry interest rate I'm getting from my bank, it really is doing me little good.

Payboo is either/or. Take the savings on tax, then full amount is due by next statement billing otherwise you’ll pay anywhere from 23-29% interest on balance based on what you qualified for when you opened the card.

If you take the 0% option, then you don’t get to save on tax.

I’ve financed several items from Nikon using bread and all have been easy and painless.

I only ever take advantage of 0% for 24 months when offered as I like the longevity of the option.

That being said, I personally never do it unless I can pay cash for it up front in full. I don’t like debt in principle but doing the financing allows me to grow the money a little bit with interest made in whatever savings vehicle I have it in. It isn’t much but it’s better than nothing.

I look at it this way, I am using their money for free. With auto pay it is lot less painful to take a little at a time than it is to take one huge amount from my checking account.

No experience with "bread pay" through Nikon, but B&H's newest payboo card is through Bread Financial, same entity I would guess. I've had no issues with it. From my card login.

"2024 Bread Financial. This site gives access to services offered by Comenity Capital Bank, which is part of Bread Financial. B&H Accounts are issued by Comenity Capital Bank"
Hmmm my B&H card is through comenity or however they spell it. It used to be synchrony which is who adorama and Amazon use.

I find if you make your payments on time all of these companies are good. I’m assuming as I’ve never missed a payment.

Hmmm my B&H card is through comenity or however they spell it. It used to be synchrony which is who adorama and Amazon use.

I find if you make your payments on time all of these companies are good. I’m assuming as I’ve never missed a payment.
Read the bottom paragraph from my post, which is copied from their website. I've also always paid in full to save the tax so no experience otherwise.

I love the 0% / 24 month offers from Nikon / Bread Pay, used it to grab my Z8 last June. Easy & fast system. They seem to pop up about every 2-3 months. Only downside is I prefer to buy from B&H, they offer 0% @ 12 months via Payboo of course. So both are good options when needed / preferred.

I almost grabbed a lens the other day (85 1.8, which I sold a while ago and now want back) but I held off.
^ Me patting myself on the back 🙂

I received an email with this offer, was considering purchasing 400/f4.5, have the money upfront, but 24 months 0% APR, could be smart way to use thier money for this purchase. Just never used any of these deals, so a little skeptical.
Not sure how they work, as I, too, shy away from them. I suspect that if you are late with a payment, interest rates jumps up and may apply to the entire amount financed. If you are careful about paying on time, you will do okay.

I have similar misgivings about B&H PayBoo card so when I charge anything I have (1) automatic payment and (2) I often pay it manual before the due date. Don't want to get burnt 20+% interest rates which take multiple cycles to clear

I love the 0% / 24 month offers from Nikon / Bread Pay, used it to grab my Z8 last June. Easy & fast system. They seem to pop up about every 2-3 months. Only downside is I prefer to buy from B&H, they offer 0% @ 12 months via Payboo of course. So both are good options when needed / preferred.

I almost grabbed a lens the other day (85 1.8, which I sold a while ago and now want back) but I held off.
^ Me patting myself on the back 🙂
Or for us in high state tax areas, not paying 10% state sales tax is real plus

Back