Nikon Financing through Breadpay

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Curious, who actually pays the sales tax to the State, County and City to where you reside when purchased thru Payboo at/on B&H...? cuz, your still on the hook for it...
As I understand it, the tax is paid as usual at time of purchase, B&H refunds to you whatever tax was calculated from your location. How that works for them I have no idea? Maybe some sort of deal with comenity??

Curious, who actually pays the sales tax to the State, County and City to where you reside when purchased thru Payboo at/on B&H...? cuz, your still on the hook for it...
I don't think I am on the hook since the B&H and PayBool say the tax is paid. Don't know and don't care if it B&H or PayBoo Money losing for them in my case but I guess if others don't pay on time, they make up the cost.

As I understand it, the tax is paid as usual at time of purchase, B&H refunds to you whatever tax was calculated from your location. How that works for them I have no idea? Maybe some sort of deal with comenity??
Much simpler. You don't get a refund, you get a discount. When you place an order, they calculate what it would be and apply that discount automatically. Then they are supposed to remit the same amount to the tax authorities in your state, county and in some cases city.

B&H. They apply a discount to you, not a refund, record it as charged and collected, and then remit it to taxing authorities. As a consumer, you're not liable to sales tax.

You are so lucky I the U S to get such good offer. Here in Canada we don’t get any financing offer with zero interest. I should move to the US :unsure:

Make your first stop in Florida....Photographers paradise....Street, Wildlife, macro (bugs)...astro in the winter...Landcscape, not so much. !!!
I love Florida.. So many from my province Quebec spend half a year in Florida, the Snow Birds as we call them. I have been many times to photograph birds, Manatee and alligators. It really a Bird paradise. I never thought about Astro. Thst is a good idea for my next trip. For Landscape, still they are beautiful beaches to photograph the waves. Love it there.

Nikon's "0% financing" offer is one of the biggest click-bait-n-switch scams I've seen in a while.
Received their offer email, went through the application process, and even with a 780 credit score they want to nail me with 21.99% APR.
Ridiculous.
I love Nikon cameras and glass, but their outsourced financing partner is a scammer extraordinaire.

Nikon's "0% financing" offer is one of the biggest click-bait-n-switch scams I've seen in a while.
Received their offer email, went through the application process, and even with a 780 credit score they want to nail me with 21.99% APR.
Ridiculous.
I love Nikon cameras and glass, but their outsourced financing partner is a scammer extraordinaire.
That's strange, I got approved for 0% with a MUCH lower score. Were you buying one of the 0% items? Not everything qualifies.

Ridiculous.
I have to disagree, I have two 0% loans with them right now after immediate approval.

I received an email with this offer, was considering purchasing 400/f4.5, have the money upfront, but 24 months 0% APR, could be smart way to use thier money for this purchase. Just never used any of these deals, so a little skeptical.
If you have the money you could use B&H and their Payboo credit card to save the sales tax. Where I live it’s almost 9% so on something like the 800pf you would save a lot.

Back