Nikon Service Repair Sent Me Someone Else’s Camera and Lens??

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I recently sent my 750 in for premium maintenance WITH a body cap, no battery, no strap and it had a shutter count of around 75k ish.

I got back a 750 without a body cap, WITH a battery, WITH a strap and a shutter count of 11k ish… a 50mm 1.8g was included too.

This new 750 has a different serial number from mine. I looked at the paperwork a thousand times and it does not list the serial number of this “new” camera. It does list the SN of the lens though. Paperwork makes it look like they went through all the maintenance checks without issue. Nikon never emailed me to say differently. So I just don’t know if this is a mistake or not?

I recently sent my 750 in for premium maintenance WITH a body cap, no battery, no strap and it had a shutter count of around 75k ish.

I got back a 750 without a body cap, WITH a battery, WITH a strap and a shutter count of 11k ish… a 50mm 1.8g was included too.

This new 750 has a different serial number from mine. I looked at the paperwork a thousand times and it does not list the serial number of this “new” camera. It does list the SN of the lens though. Paperwork makes it look like they went through all the maintenance checks without issue. Nikon never emailed me to say differently. So I just don’t know if this is a mistake or not?
You asking us? Maybe Nikon? 🙄

It's not uncommon for them to send a new/refurb camera when sent for repair. But never heard of it when one is sent in for routine maintenance. And for sure never heard of them throwing in a lens out of the kindness of their hearts. Seems someone made a mistake in the mail room.

It's not uncommon for them to send a new/refurb camera when sent for repair. But never heard of it when one is sent in for routine maintenance. And for sure never heard of them throwing in a lens out of the kindness of their hearts. Seems someone made a mistake in the mail room.
I fear you may be right. Unsure how fast it’ll be resolved with this new camera’s serial number not being listed anywhere in the paper work. IF they sent mine to someone else, that person has to report it too… or it could still be in the shop with a thousand other cameras 🤷‍♂️

Back