Nikon Z 400 mm f4.5

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

It has a refined feel like the 50&85/1.2
With the TC it looses the polished feel, but still looks like a native sharp prime. Pixel peeping won’t give away there was a TC in the mix.

... I have the 600 tc for birds and I am looking for something that it is sharp with nice bokeh at 400 mm for closer subjects. I also want to be able to carry it in my bag with the 600 tc. Very grateful for your comments
For what you describe it should be a nice compliment to the 600 and light/small enough to carry them both. I never thought anything would take the place of the 500PF in my bag but this lens has done so even though it's a bit short. It's really an excellent lens.

For what you describe it should be a nice compliment to the 600 and light/small enough to carry them both. I never thought anything would take the place of the 500PF in my bag but this lens has done so even though it's a bit short. It's really an excellent lens.
I'm slowly being won over to the 400mm. Like you mention, I thought I would prefer "longer" reach and have thought about the 500PF but the more reviews I read and the more U2B videos I see I am blown away at how small this lens is and how good IQ is. Small and light make for a very convenient walk around lens...

Thank you. Now that I have it, i feel most often, I am reaching for it specially in hiking , much easier to carry it and hold it than my 600 mm. I do love it.

Back