Nikon Z8 Firmware 2.0 Released

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The control ring can only have one function assigned to it. If you’ve assigned MF to it, you cannot use it to adjust ISO, and vice versa.
It's easily changed in the menu and I do so on occasion such as assigning it to ISO when I am shooting BIF. The location of the ring is not as convenient as on other lenses, though it is still highly functional and generally I leave it assigned to MF.

Ummm. Has anyone else been confused by the RED writing in the download area? It says:

IPTC Presets

Performing this update from a “C” firmware version 1.01 or earlier will delete IPTC presets in the camera. This is an intended consequence of improvements to IPTC presets. Users who intend to continue using existing presets will need to copy them to a memory card using [IPTC] > [Load/save] > [Primary slot]/[Secondary slot] > [Copy to card] in the [SETUP MENU] before performing the update. The saved presets can be loaded from the memory card using [IPTC] > [Load/save] > [Primary slot]/[Secondary slot] > [Copy to camera] once the update is complete.
Note that IPTC presets cannot be loaded if menu settings were saved to a memory card using [Save/load menu settings] > [Save menu settings] in a camera with a “C” firmware version 1.01 or earlier and loaded to the camera using [Save/load menu settings] > [Load menu settings] after performing this update. Be sure to copy and load the IPTC presets individually via the method described above.

Are these just related to Metadata, or also to the presets for using the various buttons? I've saved those using Save/Load Menu Settings.

When I go [IPTC] > [Load/save] > [Primary slot]/[Secondary slot] > [Copy to card, it tells me This option not available.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ummm. Has anyone else been confused by the RED writing in the download area? It says:

IPTC Presets

Performing this update from a “C” firmware version 1.01 or earlier will delete IPTC presets in the camera. This is an intended consequence of improvements to IPTC presets. Users who intend to continue using existing presets will need to copy them to a memory card using [IPTC] > [Load/save] > [Primary slot]/[Secondary slot] > [Copy to card] in the [SETUP MENU] before performing the update. The saved presets can be loaded from the memory card using [IPTC] > [Load/save] > [Primary slot]/[Secondary slot] > [Copy to camera] once the update is complete.
Note that IPTC presets cannot be loaded if menu settings were saved to a memory card using [Save/load menu settings] > [Save menu settings] in a camera with a “C” firmware version 1.01 or earlier and loaded to the camera using [Save/load menu settings] > [Load menu settings] after performing this update. Be sure to copy and load the IPTC presets individually via the method described above.

Are these just related to Metadata, or also to the presets for using the various buttons? I've saved those using Save/Load Menu Settings.

When I go [IPTC] > [Load/save] > [Primary slot]/[Secondary slot] > [Copy to card, it tells me This option not available.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Think of it as metadata for news agencies. If you don't remember inputting it, you didn't. 99.9% of shooters don't use it. So, no worries.

Back