Nikon Z8 Pre-release issue with JPEG quality

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My Z9 is in te shop. I was able to change the JPEG quality in Pre-release from Norm to Fine. I can' recall what I did t accomplish that. I just bought a Z8 and have it 98% set up. I selected 30fps toactivate Pre-release and the default is JPEG Norm. I can't figure out wnat I did with the Z9 to make the change. I will continue looking, but if anybody here has the answer I would really appreciae the advice given.

Under the Shooting menu there is an Image Quality option to set the fine jpeg for C15-C120. This was new to 5.00 and can be found in the Supplementary Firmware Update Manual on Nikons download page for the Z 9. I don't know if its in the Z 8 yet or not.

Actually, Image Quality has always been there, v5.00 just added C15 to the mix and renamed Image Quality to Image Quality Settings.

Under the Shooting menu there is an Image Quality option to set the fine jpeg for C15-C120. This was new to 5.00 and can be found in the Supplementary Firmware Update Manual on Nikons download page for the Z 9. I don't know if its in the Z 8 yet or not.

Thank you Charlie. Yes, I found it for the Z9. I will look again for the Z8. Thank you for your answer.

Back