If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Beautiful images and creature, Bruce. well done! Certainly worth the wait. Thanks for the story behind it. May 2024 bring you more opportunities!
Thank you JaapL...
I hope you have a great new year behind the camera as well.

bruce

Great captures; are these similar to wolverines?
Thank you ... Martens are in the family Mustelidae. The mustelids include wolverines, fishers, martens, mink, weasels, skunk, badger, otters, and ferrets. There are a few lesser know species that may fall under the mustelid group, but that's up for a bit of debate. Anyway, if you do genetic comparisons, martens slot somewhere between ferrets and fishers.

cheers,
bruce

That final shot is worthy of the ID field guide!
Thanks... The last shot is almost the one I wanted. While I am an ecologist and consider myself a natural historian, I am always looking for something more than a "natural history shot." I was really hoping the little guy would give me a look w/ both eyes, but he only stood there for a millisecond... As we all know, wildlife are not models and you get what you get :D
Happy New Year,
bruce

All things come to those who wait. Well done. You have much more patience than I do, but it was obviously worth the wait.
Thanks Woody...
I was a field ecologist before becoming a biology teacher (now retired in both fields). I once spent 60 hours in a blind watching bird behavior with a colleague. We'd alternate every 4 to 6 hours. We couldn't leave the blind and slept in an elevated hide. It was near the arctic circle, so we barely slept due to the near continuous light.
My point... waiting 7 hours for an opportunity is nothing compared to the type of work I used to do :ROFLMAO:

bruce