Photo Gloves

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My wife just gave me a pair of Tinden Gloves from Vallerret and they are very nice! The finger caps seal bank without a gap, they have a wool liner, and super cuffs with gauntlet! 260gsm of Primaloft on the top and 170gsm on the bottom. There is a zip pocket for a hand warmer on the top, which is excellent! I had no problems holding and using the controls on the camera.

They are designed for “deep winter” and I will give them a good workout next week with forecasted highs in the low single digits. I wore them blowing the snow off the drive a couple days ago and tested the water repellent features with the wet snow.

They sure look to be the glove for winter!

My wife just gave me a pair of Tinden Gloves from Vallerret and they are very nice! The finger caps seal bank without a gap, they have a wool liner, and super cuffs with gauntlet! 260gsm of Primaloft on the top and 170gsm on the bottom. There is a zip pocket for a hand warmer on the top, which is excellent! I had no problems holding and using the controls on the camera.

They are designed for “deep winter” and I will give them a good workout next week with forecasted highs in the low single digits. I wore them blowing the snow off the drive a couple days ago and tested the water repellent features with the wet snow.

They sure look to be the glove for winter!

Those look really nice! If you end up wearing them in single digits let us know what you think!

Although not 100% about gloves my friend Charles Glatzer helped put together this article on cold weather gear and it includes some info on heat gloves

Chas spends lots of time in colder climates for his photo trips. Worth a look!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015G8UFZK/?tag=backcogaller-20

I have two pair of these one in my camera bag I put in the vehicle just in case I forget the pair in my closet :)

I wear have used them when out doing my bird photography thing for hours. I am on the move most of the time and hand holding my camera and lens when shooting and carry on Black Rapids strap when not shooting. Most common cold weather range is from about 10 to 40 F and they work better for me than any glove or mitten I have ever tried for photography.

I was a bit concerned about durability but these are holding up far better than I expected into their second cold season now.

Unless windy I do not use gloves when the temps get above 32 f.

I have tried the flip up mittens (no longer have them) flip up fingers on heavy duty gloves and still have some good ones but they seldom get used.

My wife on the other hand has Raynaud's and her fingers and toes get cold even at 55 F. She uses rechargeable hand warmers in gloves and mittens and electric heated socks with rechargeable batteries and when really cold she stays home.

Chris,
We go below zero next week so they will get a good test!
The Tinder gloves performed as expected. We are under a winter storm warning and later Thursday/Friday a Blizzard warning. I felt compelled to out this am and fill all the bird feeders and stock up the suet feeders with beef fat this am, despite being -7 F.

I was out over 30 minutes and my hands never got cold. I experimented with the finger caps and the worked really well. Caps stayed on the magnets, the finger tips stayed reasonably warm even exposed. The cap folded back withou an issue with no gaps to let in cold air.

They are not so thick as to make it difficult to grab things.

Highly recommended!

Back