Should you buy a Z9?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The perfect person to give an honest opinion about DSLR versus mirror less. Not trying to put you on the spot. I feel like there is a place in my life for a Z9 and room for the D810 and D850. I really want to explore what people really think of DSLR's and mirror less being able to co-exist in the same universe. ❔

I don't think it's mirrorless v. DSLR. It's a specific model v. a specific model. Are the features of Camera A negating the need for Camera B? Some of those features might be the result of being mirrorless. At least for me, I'd take a D6 over almost all other models, mirrorless or not.

With that said, my new Z9 is the best camera I've used and I can't think of a reason to use anything else. As a backup I'll get another Z9.

I don't think it's mirrorless v. DSLR. It's a specific model v. a specific model. Are the features of Camera A negating the need for Camera B? Some of those features might be the result of being mirrorless. At least for me, I'd take a D6 over almost all other models, mirrorless or not.

With that said, my new Z9 is the best camera I've used and I can't think of a reason to use anything else. As a backup I'll get another Z9.
If a Z8 comes out I'll buy it - otherwise I'll buy another Z9 (A versatile Camera)🦘

I rarely have to shoot video so my D850 bodies are still useful. If the Z8 had come out before the Z9 then I would have preferred that.
The Z9 menu is like taking the D850 and making it more like a Z7 on steroids. (BTW I still prefer the D5/D850 button layout.)
Get the PDF manual from Nikon downloads. https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/589/Z_9.html
You may find the videos from Hudson Henry more useful.
🦘
I have downloaded all the Z9 manuals from Nikon. I have watched a snipet of Hudson Henry and have it in my reading list.

Back