Stove Prairie Lightning

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MalcolmP

Supporting Member
Marketplace
First Lightning capture utilizing Miops Smart +. Impressed with the sensitivity and relatively easy to use. Did not see this strike with the naked eye.
220825 NOCo Lightning DSC_5238-Resize.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Really nice capture Malcolm!

Nice capture. Looks like you are a lightning bug these days.
Thanks Bill & Joe. Mother Nature was offering almost daily opportunities earlier in August which I shot manually. Since I started trying my Miops Smart + , clouds start building up mid-day only to produce little rain and even less lightning. Capturing this shot in brighter ambient light, gives me confidence next opportunity. This shot is not possible without the trigger in my opinion. The subtlety of the bolt is diminished in the small jpeg posting.

Wow, that is super cool, Malcolm! Love the monochrome look of the sky with the subtle color of the foreground. Would love to see full resolution, if the small jpg diminishes the lightning bolt.

I bought the Miops Smart+ as well, maybe a year ago. Since then...not a single decent lightning storm. At least you're getting use out of yours!

Wow, that is super cool, Malcolm! Love the monochrome look of the sky with the subtle color of the foreground. Would love to see full resolution, if the small jpg diminishes the lightning bolt.

I bought the Miops Smart+ as well, maybe a year ago. Since then...not a single decent lightning storm. At least you're getting use out of yours!
Thanks, Mike. Know what you're saying about no lightning after buying a trigger. I've tried washing my car - you name it.
In case you didn't see them, here are links to three of my Lightning postings that I shot manually and the lightning's not so subtle.
Thunder on the Prairie
Thunderstorm - Salt River Valley
Thunderstorm Greeley

Back