Suitable Bag for Nikon 600 F4 TC and 200-500

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm planing to upgrade to Z9 and a 600 f4 TC. i currently own a D500 and Nikon 200-500. I would like to carry both the lenses and bodies together on my bird photography trips and so I'm looking for a bag that can fit two large lenses.

So far the most suitable bag I've found online is Gura Gear 30L that should hold two big primes. I checked the internal dimensions and the website says its internal height is 51 cm (20 inch) and the 600 F4TC + z9 are approximately 50 cm (20 inch). I saw Steve's video where he put a 600 f4tc into the bag with the hood and it had quite a bulge on the front. I can certainly keep the hook in checked in luggage.

Does anyone have experience carrying this or equivalent gear combo? I've seen all the Gura Gear discussions on this forum and they share photos of either one 600 or multiple 400 f2.8.

I'm in India and Gura Gear isn't available here and a friend of mine will be getting it for me from the USA so I need to be very sure that it can hold all the gear before purchasing it.

Thanks folks!

FWIW:
As I don't know what else you have to carry, it might be worthwhile to take a closer look at the MrJan Gear Boris IV. I don't own it, but had a chance to take a close look at someone else's backpack and since then I am serious considering swapping my good, old, indestructible Lowepro Pro Trekker one one of these. Reason is that it is not bigger but still the more rectangular shape provides more space, it is long enough for long glass with mounted body, even i f a FTZ comes into play and ... it has this split opening to the body side, making it really nice and easy to put it down with out having it to turn upside down and put the straps in the dirt. In your case you'd have two comprtments, one for each combo plus additional space for the smaller bits and pieces.

FWIW:
As I don't know what else you have to carry, it might be worthwhile to take a closer look at the MrJan Gear Boris IV. I don't own it, but had a chance to take a close look at someone else's backpack and since then I am serious considering swapping my good, old, indestructible Lowepro Pro Trekker one one of these. Reason is that it is not bigger but still the more rectangular shape provides more space, it is long enough for long glass with mounted body, even i f a FTZ comes into play and ... it has this split opening to the body side, making it really nice and easy to put it down with out having it to turn upside down and put the straps in the dirt. In your case you'd have two comprtments, one for each combo plus additional space for the smaller bits and pieces.

MrJan Gear Boris IV. looks lot like the Gura Gear Kikovo v2 in concept - two sections with independent zips and flaps. I'll check it out.

This thread is a duplicate of another post on the same topic. I've locked this one. Let's direct all responses to the other thread.

This thread is a duplicate of another post on the same topic. I've locked this one. Let's direct all responses to the other thread.

The two threads have been merged into one.

I used a gura gear 30L with no pocket for a computer to carry a 600TC, a Z100-400, a Z14-24, a 1.4 TC, a Z8 &9, raincovers, shoulder strap and a few other odds and ends for a several week trip to Scotland and Norway. I carried a computer and all other supporting electronics in a Chobi. The lens hood and a monopod went in my luggage.

Back