SURPRISE! MAC OS now appears to support Nikon Z8 RAW files!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hey Ralph, It’s not there. I have Ventura 13.6.4 which is up to date for my 2017 27” retina display unit. I tried to download Sonoma so I could load Z8/raw. Apple’s site said my computer is not compatible with Sonoma. All the other 2017 models are…. Go figure..🤔
Larry, I‘m running Monterey which is older than Ventura on my 2014 mini and the Z8 is showing up. Make sure you have “install data files and security updates checked off “ as well as “check for updates” in the advanced section of “software updates” in the system preference section. Even though you can’t upgrade to Sonoma Apple has been sending out several security updates for older MacOS‘s . I just received on last week for Monterey.

Larry, I‘m running Monterey which is older than Ventura on my 2014 mini and the Z8 is showing up. Make sure you have “install data files and security updates checked off “ as well as “check for updates” in the advanced section of “software updates” in the system preference section. Even though you can’t upgrade to Sonoma Apple has been sending out several security updates for older MacOS‘s . I just received on last week for Monterey.
The settings menu has changed within the last 6 months. It has been streamlined to resemble the iPhone and iPad. A lot of items are no longer available for choices. When you say “checked off” do you mean selected or shut off?

The settings menu has changed within the last 6 months. It has been streamlined to resemble the iPhone and iPad. A lot of items are no longer available for choices. When you say “checked off” do you mean selected or shut off?
Selected. Those files will automatically be installed usually at night. Also see if there are any security updates for ventura. Usually Apple releases security updates for all Mac OS’s at the same time. I’ve installed several over the last month or two.

Back