Thinktank photo modular belt

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I was told about this system from a good friend that's a member on here and decided to give it a try. This is one of the best purchases I have made as far as non camera gear. It provides the freedom to move about and provides a very good amount of storage whenever not wanting to go out with a larger bag or backpack. I can fit just about anything I need including spare lenses and have both hands free. I found a set of these used on eBay and purchased a couple other bags to go with it. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting a simple solution for carrying gear in the field. I find the belt not to be cumbersome at all and it stays put without sliding down. It is also very customizable as to where you place the bags/pouches.

View attachment 81941View attachment 81942
Interesting. Would be helpful to see some folks actually wearing the belt, filled with various gear.

Interesting. Would be helpful to see some folks actually wearing the belt, filled with various gear.
This is a shot my wife took. I cropped it way in. The photo was of the ice and snow covered landscape and she wanted me in there for scale. I am wearing my belt rig. On the belt, I have 2 lens cases containing a 10-18mm and a 100mm macro, also a belt pouch carrying a couple extra batteries, lens cleaning cloth, chapstick and a usb chargeable hand warmer. It wasn't that cold this morning so I just had the warmer in the pouch not turned on.

The lens hanging off to the side is a 100-500 Canon. I was shooting the wide angle when she grabbed this image. I have a peak design capture clip on the belt and with light lenses like the 10-18 and the 100 macro, I carry the camera in the belt clip and let the tele hang off the camera strap on my shoulder.

Second photo is front view of a different belt. I have since replaced this one with the one in photo 1. The problem with the belt in photo 2 is it was not stiff enough and tended to sag in the back.

Image.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

_LAS3819.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back