Upcoming Nikon F-mount Lens Instant Rebate Program

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

They certainly are headed that direction. There are still some good DSLR cameras available, and some customers may still require DSLR cameras due to budget or other reasons. But clearly, the writing is on the wall that no new products will be developed for F-mount. At this point they are selling down inventory, so it is being managed proactively.

I understand these instant rebates are for existing supply only. Some products will sell out of US inventory but there is additional inventory in Japan of most products that will be used - especially for the exotics.

As far as the impact on refurbished products, its an indirect relationship. Refurbished pricing has always been managed to stay below normal selling prices, but the reductions for rebates vs. refurbished discounts are not 1:1.
Eric, my observations have sometimes been that a reduction in the price of a new lens makes no impact upon the price Nikon offers their refurbished gear for.

For service, you will need a receipt. Nikon has different serial numbers for each region with many lenses, but the exotics usually have just one set of serial numbers covering all regions. In the US, the serial number of the lens is in their database and recognized automatically as an official lens rather than gray market.
Nikon USA will do what they want. Receipt or no receipt - how do they know that they lens sold by xyz camera store was not a DI??? Perhaps they only thing will work is a warranty card and wonder if NIkon international superteles will get new warranty (NIkon USA) cards. A friend had a 600 that need servicing and Nikon USA would not work on because they claimed it was DI though she had a receipt from major camera store showing it was a Nikon USA product. But no warranty card

Nikon USA will do what they want. Receipt or no receipt - how do they know that they lens sold by xyz camera store was not a DI??? Perhaps they only thing will work is a warranty card and wonder if NIkon international superteles will get new warranty (NIkon USA) cards. A friend had a 600 that need servicing and Nikon USA would not work on because they claimed it was DI though she had a receipt from major camera store showing it was a Nikon USA product. But no warranty card
Warranty cards are not required and are not always included in packaging - but, Nikon's website says the best way to verify a product is not gray market is that it includes a Nikon warranty card. The receipt should specify the serial number of the camera. Nikon USA maintains a record by serial number. When I register a lens or camera through NPS, the serial number is confirmed. I think on one or two occasions it was not immediately confirmed but within a day or two was updated and accepted.

I'm not sure about the specifics of the case you describe. Cameras or lenses can be previously registered and returned, which would be a problem. A handful of Nikon retailers sell both gray market and official cameras and lenses. I would think a proper receipt would specify both whether or not it was a gray market item and the serial number. If the item in question was not a gray market product purchased through a dealer, the dealer should be able to contact their Nikon rep and resolve any issues.

I do check the serial number on the receipt, box and camera when I receive a camera or lens and register it with Nikon. I have seen some cases where items appear to have been mixed up or intentionally swapped.

Where do we look to see that upcoming announcement from Nikon? I'm still hoping to upgrade to a D850 and also a 500mm prime lens. Thanks Eric for the heads up on this.
Before the end of July based on the information I heard. It will last until the first of September but may be extended if there is still inventory available in the models involved. The intent is to fully liquidate all inventory for these items.

I'm still hoping to upgrade to a D850
As far as I know Nikon has made no announcement on ceasing D850 production, a camera that was introduced in 2017

As of the end of this year the D850 cannot be imported into the EEC it does not have a USB – C charging port.

D850 sales have already declined significantly and not being able to import into the EEC will reduce sales by perhaps another 20%.

Whether Nikon will stop making DSLR's before the end of the year or will continue to supply them to other than the EEC is a decision for Nikon.

Nikon will be announcing another Instant Rebate program to close out F-mount lenses by the end of this month. The lenses in this program are pro-level lenses - 300mm, 400mm, 500mm, 600mm and 800mm, as well as PC and other top end primes and long zooms. The new program is expected to be announced July 29 and will go until September - but may be extended if inventory is available. Rebates range from $400 to $4800.

These items have limited inventory at most retailers but Nikon does have stock in the US and Japan. If something is not in stock, it can be ordered.

This is going to be the last chance to buy new copies of these lenses. If you are using a Nikon DSLR or will use an adapter on Z cameras, these include some very good deals.
Thanks!

The pending EU regulations on USB C PD charging do not apply to DSLRs, which have removable batteries.
In any case, the D850, D780 etc and other newer camera models already have a USB C PD external charger - the MH-34. Similarly, the D6 uses the MH-33 (introduced with the Z9) as well as their respective older AC powered chargers

Retracted : https://nikonrumors.com/2023/11/08/...e-nikon-dslr-in-2025-at-least-in-europe.aspx/

Last edited:
Nikon will be announcing another Instant Rebate program to close out F-mount lenses by the end of this month. The lenses in this program are pro-level lenses - 300mm, 400mm, 500mm, 600mm and 800mm, as well as PC and other top end primes and long zooms. The new program is expected to be announced July 29 and will go until September - but may be extended if inventory is available. Rebates range from $400 to $4800.

These items have limited inventory at most retailers but Nikon does have stock in the US and Japan. If something is not in stock, it can be ordered.

This is going to be the last chance to buy new copies of these lenses. If you are using a Nikon DSLR or will use an adapter on Z cameras, these include some very good deals.
Thanks Eric for the heads up, i have a few friends in the hunt i will pass this on, thanks again.

They have you seen the new 35mm 1.4 Z that is less clinical ? with superior back ground than the 1.8 version.

Or you want this only for DSLR cameras.

That's what I hear.

I need to adapt it to my GFX, so Z isn't a possibility. And there isn't "pro level" 35mm yet.

Latest from Nikon rumors is that the program may be delayed or cancelled. Would not surprise if it was cancelled for the moment and the come back w/ small rebates in early 2026 (to impact 2025/26 financial year). My speculation is that Nikon saw the interest in this program and decided that they discounts/rebates were too large so they will scaling it back.

Yes - the other thought is there is limited stock and they need to get it in the right places to support demand. They could also have limited stock and want to add to it with additional lenses.

Yes - the other thought is there is limited stock and they need to get it in the right places to support demand. They could also have limited stock and want to add to it with additional lenses.
Perhaps. Do you think that supply is so out of balance with demand. Would only make sense to rebalance supply if demand was insufficient in one location. Otherwise it may take a month in US and 3 months in Japan and Europe. Either way, inventory is removed from balance sheet.

Too bad existing products would not be reworked into new Z lenses

Perhaps. Do you think that supply is so out of balance with demand. Would only make sense to rebalance supply if demand was insufficient in one location. Otherwise it may take a month in US and 3 months in Japan and Europe. Either way, inventory is removed from balance sheet.

Too bad existing products would not be reworked into new Z lenses
I understand supply was limited in the US but ample in Japan. They could be shipping some of those surplus lenses form Japan to the US before launching the program so shipping is not delayed. That would likely take a week or so. We'll see - my source is 100% reliable, so any delay is coming from Nikon.

Back