Updates on the shipping of Nikon 400mm f2.8 tc

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ordered mine the day it was announced and became active to order on NPS. Got it delivered somewhere around 4/10 if I remember it was that week anyway! Allens Camera in Pennsylvania is my shop!

I received Nikon Z 400mm f/2.8 TC S-line lens on 28th April, the same day the 800mm/6.3PF arrived and since then the weather has been terrible on the days I could go out to shoot. BUT - I did take a series of initial test shots at my local pond AND I shot a test target with every combination of bare lens, with internal TC and with both the ZTC14 and ZTC20 -- so from 400/2.8 to 1,120mm f/8.0
Test Target shots taken with the 400 and 800 can be seen here
A gallery of a few of the shots I took with the lens on a Z9 can be seen here

Lightroom (20220512 092812 _Z904248 NIKON Z9 NIKKOR Z 400mm f-2.8 TC VR S 400mm ISO100 ¹⁄₅₀₀ s...jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Ordered mine already last year in October so I was No. 1 on the waiting list of my local german store and got it 11th April. I'm NPS member. I know some people without NPS who ordered on day one and all are still waiting.

Is anyone getting this lens at all?
I don’t recall the exact date I received mine, but it was in late April or early May. I’ve since been fortunate to be able to use it in Khutzeymateen, BC and Botswana. It’s an awesome lens. The image quality is superb and the flexibility of the built in teleconverter makes a big difference in the field.

Thank you for the reply, I ordered mine middle of June via NPS…I hope I can get it by November … fingers crossed
I think they are being delivered, albeit slowly. Two of us on the Khutzeymateen trip had them. We both received them through our local camera stores.

Ordered mine already last year in October so I was No. 1 on the waiting list of my local german store and got it 11th April. I'm NPS member. I know some people without NPS who ordered on day one and all are still waiting.
sorry for reviving an old post, but maybe interesting for other waiting too.
Mine got ordered on release day with my local shop here in Berlin, still waiting for delivery. (The shop has not yet received a single 400 TC yet. although the 600 TC was on the shelf for some days there.

(non NPS btw.)

Keep checking stores across the country. Here in the Netherlands, I found one at a Nikon pro store end of last year. Only a few weeks later, they had another one in stock.
My order through the Nikon website never got fulfilled, so I drove half way across the country to get it.

I am not NPS btw, although I should be giving the money I spend on their gear :)

Back