View a Z8/9 HDMI feed on an iPhone

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JoelKlein

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hi.
I want to use the iPhone as a screen.
I have this HDMI connector.
Which app would allow it?

What I’m trying to accomplish:
Take selfies without a timer, by using a 10 pin connected wireless remote.

SnapBridge remote photography doesn’t allow to use the 10 pin connection.

Thanks

IMG_8024.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

That is only a hdmi out, not in. I just setup the shot with slighly wider framing for crop later-on and use smdv 10pin remote for capture.

It will most likely be easier to shoot tethered with CAptureOne mobile or cascable app over usb-c cable. I think nikon also has tethering app for Z9, but have never used it. Needs usb-3 lightning adapter to work on iphone14 & below with usb-a to usb-c cable. Works directly with usb-c equipped ipads & likely iphone15 as well.

That is only a hdmi out, not in. I just setup the shot with slighly wider framing for crop later-on and use smdv 10pin remote for capture.

It will most likely be easier to shoot tethered with CAptureOne mobile or cascable app over usb-c cable. I think nikon also has tethering app for Z9, but have never used it. Needs usb-3 lightning adapter to work on iphone14 & below with usb-a to usb-c cable. Works directly with usb-c equipped ipads & likely iphone15 as well.
Thank you!
I couldn’t get capture one to connect with you direct Wi-Fi either

Would this work?

Thank you!
I couldn’t get capture one to connect with you direct Wi-Fi either

Would this work?

I also have a non apple one and works fine, but results may vary. Important thing is it must be usb3. My official apple usb2 one does not work.
Mine does’nt have the second lightning adapter that allows your phone to be on a charger at the same time- ie mine is only lightning to single usb-a female.

Limitation here.
I just tried Cascable. I actually like it…
But, The camera would NOT take pictures while it’s being tethered wirelessly

i meant in conjunction with snapbridge.

that is to say, use snapbridge to see, use the trigger to trigger
You nailed it! That is exactly what does not work 😡
In order to get the feed using snapbridge, the camera goes into remote photography, which means only snapbridge can capture images. The Z8/9 goes blank and would not fire.

Hi.
I want to use the iPhone as a screen.
I have this HDMI connector.
Which app would allow it?

What I’m trying to accomplish:
Take selfies without a timer, by using a 10 pin connected wireless remote.

SnapBridge remote photography doesn’t allow to use the 10 pin connection.

Thanks

View attachment 84525
I haven't tried using Atomos for stills, but for video, you view and activate on that screen. I use the Ninja V+, but it's possible that the Shinobi which is 1/2 price works. HDMI, leaving the USB port open.

that hdmi adapter you have. does it also have a usb port?

if so, you might be able to plug the elgato in there and do it just like it was an ipad.

however, sometimes the devices need more power than the phone will allow, then you need to wire in a powered usb hub

that hdmi adapter you have. does it also have a usb port?

if so, you might be able to plug the elgato in there and do it just like it was an ipad.

however, sometimes the devices need more power than the phone will allow, then you need to wire in a powered usb hub
Only HDMI.
When I pack up for a trip, being simple and compact is a priority.

Back