What do you use for RAW conversion?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

What is your RAW convertor?

• DXO PhotoLab

• Lightroom

• Capture One

• ACDSee

• On1 Photo RAW

• Photoshop

• Darktable

• Other (mention in comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm the same. I'm pretty happy with NX Studio so far, but I think LrC will probably add a lot to my storage and organizing and speed things up. I'm looking forward to learning it. But I have an ancient laptop. The slowness of my workflow is primarily that. It won't run LrC very well, I tried it with a free month it offered.

I'm thankful that Nikon provides such a great program to its users for free.
I've been considering lightroom for years. :) I get close, then realize I'm happy with NX studio and really don't want to spend more time than I do already editing. I'd rather be outside shooting.

Thanks for the feedback.
I tried using LrC and having my pictures imported into the folders I created.
But I must be doing something wrong because each time LrC created sub folders under the folders I created.
I was frustrating moving the pictures back to the folders I made and getting rid of the ones I didn't.
If someone can explain why this is happing and what I'm doing wrong I'd be grateful.

Follow the recommendations from Viathelens, and as soon as you have a correct standardized way of importing set in all options, you should create an Import Preset.
Always use that Preset to be even more sure that the import will be done in the same manner every time.

1707467824825.png

Back