What settings for this

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi photo experts. I tried to get the elephant silhouette against the African sun. Stay over/under exposed. I Tried everything. What did I do wrong? Thanks in advance.
Glenn
If you're having trouble posting photos here, make sure they're:

- Saved as jpeg files in sRGB color space
- Have neither side larger than 2000 pixels
- Have a total file size less than 2 MB

Most folks new to these boards that have image posting troubles are trying to post images that are too large so downsizing in a tool like Lightroom (during export) or Photoshop can get your images down to a size the forum software will handle.

Also a lot of newer members end up with duplicates of photos posted. One easy way is to hit Ctrl-P (Cmd-P on a Mac) and browse to the desired photo to insert it. Once you've done that you don't need to click the buttons that say Thumbnail or Full Size as that will just post a second copy of the image.

Welcome to the forums,
-Dave

You should not create a new thread. Simply edit the to add the photo for which you are asking help.

If you don't know how to post an image, please refer to the Help& How-To tab at the top of the page.

You probably need an HDR image. High Dynamic Range.
part of your image is very bright, so your camera will under expose … so the part in shadow can’t be seen. Part of you image will be dark, so your camera will overexpose, blowing out the lighter / brighter parts of your image, HDR blends both.

You probably need an HDR image. High Dynamic Range.
part of your image is very bright, so your camera will under expose … so the part in shadow can’t be seen. Part of you image will be dark, so your camera will overexpose, blowing out the lighter / brighter parts of your image, HDR blends both.
Can you see his image ? And he wants to get a silhouette.....which requires under-exposing.....

Back