What should I expect to pay for renting the Z 600 f/4 TC?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

KurtH

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I just started using the 600pf so I doubt very much if I'd ever purchase the f/4 version. BUT, I would love to experience the f/4 in different situations so I can get a feel for if/when I'd rent it for different trips. Lots of options for renting the big dog so I'm curious as to how much I should expect to pay for a rental? The standard minimum rental period? And any recommendations for mainstream rental companies?

Thanks much! Kurt

I just started using the 600pf so I doubt very much if I'd ever purchase the f/4 version. BUT, I would love to experience the f/4 in different situations so I can get a feel for if/when I'd rent it for different trips. Lots of options for renting the big dog so I'm curious as to how much I should expect to pay for a rental? The standard minimum rental period? And any recommendations for mainstream rental companies?

Thanks much! Kurt

I use these guys:

LensRentals.com is the premier place in USA (unless you have a local rental shop you can pick up in person). They have rates posted based on rental length (typically 3 or 4 or 7 days).

Another vote for lensrentals.com I just rented a Sony 600 F/4 for 5 days, with shipping and damage/theft insurance it cost $511.70. I had a 15% off coupon as well. They just sent out a 20% off discount code for Black Friday. I would image the Nikon 600 is going to be close in price. Great people to deal with, the gear comes in a Pelican case and everything you need to ship it back.

Oh... and here is your friendly warning... when you use the 600 F/4... instantly all your other lenses become mediocre at best LOL I've rented the Sony 600 f/4 2x now and will no longer rent it... it's buy one or nothing at this point. Amazing lenses/glass and I'm sure the Nikon 600 TC is stellar as well. :) You've been warned... I'm currently contemplating selling a kidney. :)

Hope this helps.
Hatch

20% OFF RENTALS PLACED BY 12.1​
WITH CODE LRBF2023​

1700656909596.png

Thanks guys, the info is much appreciated! I made accounts on both services and it looks like Lensrentals.com is quite a bit cheaper for the same lenses. Other factors to consider I guess, like equipment availability, shipping costs and times, customer service, etc., but this is a great start! As soon as one of these two gets the 600 f/4 in stock, Ill give it a whirl.

Oh... and here is your friendly warning... when you use the 600 F/4... instantly all your other lenses become mediocre at best LOL I've rented the Sony 600 f/4 2x now and will no longer rent it... it's buy one or nothing at this point. Amazing lenses/glass and I'm sure the Nikon 600 TC is stellar as well. :) You've been warned... I'm currently contemplating selling a kidney.

Thats funny...I appreciate the warning, definitely a concern. And kidneys are overrated, you only need 1 anyway...

Back