z 180-600mm backlog: how can a non nps photographer get one today?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Attachments

• 1704587873925.png
    1704587873925.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 21
Not sure where that image is from. I’ve not seen this lens discounted in the United States.
Its in Oz,

i don't understand why something so hard to get and has a high demand or long waiting list is being discounted, here they have dropped the guts on the 800pf and other lenses as well.

I wonder if the claims of high demand are actually the case or their just creating the hype and getting the order book full then doing a batch run each time.

Its a strange world where truth seems to have little value or place much these days.

I pre-ordered and finally received it in December.
I ordered in late August from Nikon and B&H…cancelled both in November when I for the 600PF. Turns out the Nikon one wasn’t cancelled as I got an in stock and prepping to ship email in mid December so apparently they had one for me…but I was able to get it really cancelled. I’m glad because I decided the weight and size was too much despite it supposedly being better than my 100-400 (and for me I don’t see that the latter is in any way less than good and it’s much more toteable(…but if it had shown up I would have tested it and I know I’m not strong enough to have sent it back because…toys ya knowl so getting it cancelled and not in my hands to test was probably good. I might end up with one eventually anyway…who knows. Another factor for me is with the zoom and both the 400/4.5 and 600PF…what would I take on the second body on an outing? Most likely the 600 with the TC…but then the shorter zoom becomes odd man out and would probably get sold…which would account for most of the longer zoom price…decisions, decisions.

I pulled the trigger and ordered the 180-600 Z from a local shop that had it in stock. I did send the shop today, Sunday, a WhatsApp msg and the shop owner called me back like 5' later confirming that the lens was in stock. The lens will get shipped tomorrow and received on Tuesday :) A welcomed addition to the 100-400mm and 600mm TC collection. Happy days.

Back