Z 600mm f4 tripod collar foot replacement

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I do have some RRS stuff too. As their replacement foot is out of stock at the moment, I am considering one of the others. Your comment on its comfortable hand-holding is a point I take note of. Thanks for you input.

It is really simple - we who own these lenses and want a different foot buy replacement feet. The cost is tiny compared to the cost of the lens. Most sporting pros just screw their lens onto a monopod and so do not need replacement feet. The bureaus that supply these lenses never change the feet.
I worked with Zenelli to help them make their replacement foot for this fitting.
The cost may be small relative to the lens, but it's still an unnecessary cost (as Tamron and Sigma have proven). The "relative cost" depends on the lens. For a 70-200 f2.8 the cost is about ten percent of the lens, which is not insignificant.

I own the Haoge LF-Z48 Lens Replacement Foot, which was less than 50 Euros on Amazon.

It works well and has 1/4 3/8 and QD holes. The only thing I do not like is that it could be a tad longer to carry and a bit better rounded.
No problems with balance on my gimbal or fluid head though, length is not a problem there.

I own the Haoge LF-Z48 Lens Replacement Foot, which was less than 50 Euros on Amazon.

It works well and has 1/4 3/8 and QD holes. The only thing I do not like is that it could be a tad longer to carry and a bit better rounded.
No problems with balance on my gimbal or fluid head though, length is not a problem there.
Thanks for the feedback hrv. Having a longer foot and being easier to carry would certainly be a consideration.

how's the upper metal part of the foot linked with the carbon fibre part?
I really like the optics of the foot but probably think a "one piece" metal solution like the Wimberley gives me more "piece of mind" than a 2 piece metal/carbon solution...but maybe that's just me worrying something not worth to worry about :)
As per Andrea Zenelli himself, the 2 pieces (CF & metal) are attached together with both glue AND 2 screws that secures the integrity of the foot.

In his own words: "Our destructive tests show that you would not be able to remove the black plate even with a hammer".

Mine is arriving tomorrow (Fedex sayz), so I'll be checking it myself on the Z600TC.

I also have a Haoge that works nicely on my Z800 but it's a bit on the short side for my hand, and, the edges a bit harsh, so for a heavier lens like the Z600TC, I expect the shape of the foot will be a bit more gentle to handle.

Krgds, Marcelo

Well, Fedex performed and delivered the LFZ today.

I don't like the screw heads protruding from the base. Not a big deal, but I'd prefer the screw heads concealed as in the original (and other brands).

Longer than the the Haoge (good for my hands) it has a feeling kind of strange, used to touching bare solid metal, now it's like holding it from a plasticky (flimsy) piece.

Krgds, Marcelo

Last edited:
Well, Fedex performed and delivered the LFZ today.

I don't like the screw heads protruding from the base. Not a big deal, but I'd prefer the screw heads concealed as in the original (and other brands).

Longer than the the Haoge (good for my hands) it has a feeling kind of strange, used to touching bare solid metal, now it's like holding it from a plasticky (flimsy) piece.

Krgds, Marcelo
I wasn't delighted by those protruding screws at all, either. But honestly since I put the thing on my 600, other than to check those screws are tight once in awhile I never think about which foot or how it looks, now. Still, that Zeneli is one gorgeous bit of engineering! :)

I wasn't delighted by those protruding screws at all, either. But honestly since I put the thing on my 600, other than to check those screws are tight once in awhile I never think about which foot or how it looks, now. Still, that Zeneli is one gorgeous bit of engineering! :)

I agree Steven! I asked Andrea Zen about the screws, his answer made a lot of sense to me: they wanted to shave the last gram out of the weight, concealing the screws meant to increaase the size & mass (thus, the weight) of the base.

It's more of an esthetic "issue" (not) than a practical thing. Good idea to check once in a while for the screws, didn't think of it. Thanks!

Krgds, Marcelo

Back