z6iii rumor

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Twin expeed processors COULD mean that image processing is split between them and each one handles every other frame. At half the resolution of a Z8/Z9 I would expect it to nearly quadruple the frame rate. I suspect this may be capable of 120fps Raw. Also Id bet its gen 4.0 PCIE. We are getting gen 4 cards now so a gen 4 camera is very close to being released.

Another possibility is that the 2nd processor will allow dual writing for video.

OR the second expeed is there to only handle AF and viewfinder duties and will provide a minor bump in performance.
I remember reading Nikon saying they already pushed the E6’s to their limits.
If they could get Z8/9 AF into it, they could update the current Z6/7ii

Last edited:
Twin expeed processors COULD mean that image processing is split between them and each one handles every other frame. At half the resolution of a Z8/Z9 I would expect it to nearly quadruple the frame rate. I suspect this may be capable of 120fps Raw. Also Id bet its gen 4.0 PCIE. We are getting gen 4 cards now so a gen 4 camera is very close to being released.

Another possibility is that the 2nd processor will allow dual writing for video.

OR the second expeed is there to only handle AF and viewfinder duties and will provide a minor bump in performance.
yah, all solid thoughts but most of these potential features seem out of place on a z6iii. maybe more likely on a z9s/z9h or a new “high speed” camera ala d6.

I think they will, but even if the specs were identical, I would buy Z6iii over Z6ii just for the larger body.
it’ll be interesting to see how they change the body. i can see it being a little bit bigger/different, but i would be surprised if it departs from the z6ii form factor by a lot. i’m mostly thinking a few tweaks more than anything.

Lates from NR

While I am not in a rush, I have about decided to get a second body to go along with my Z6 ii. The current discount on the Z8 is tempting. I have even entertained the idea of trading in my Z6 ii. But, I want to see what the Z6 iii offers. There will be other sales.
I really don’t have any complaints with the Z6 ii. Maybe ignorance is bliss.

We are a week into the new quarter (when it was rumored to be announced) and nothing mentioned yet. Some have speculated the announcement will coincide with NAB, which starts April 13. I guess we will know in a week or so.

NikonRumors posted a screen shot from Nikon Service in Dresden (Germany) listing Z6iii and Z7iii among the models they service. As replies point it, it could just be them optimizing their page for people who type that in the search engine (or it could be they have knowledge the models are coming soon).

Back