Z9 AF issue

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

We want to keep a light touch on the forums, otherwise we become the police.

Certainly calling somebody a “hack” is impolite, rude even, but thats the end of it. Further derogatory comments will be removed. We’ll let this stand, for now, since the target isn’t a member of this forum.

That is not a carte blanche on name calling non members or video bloggers ok? Further comment where there is name calling will be addressed. I said we want a light touch. Let’s keep it so. Thank you all. We al, want to enjoy these chats.

Please don’t post a reply to this comment of mine…pm instead. Thanks

Patrick

Hi,

Matt Granger just post "

The Problem with Nikon Mirrorless" on YoutTube regarding to long lenses on case when initial focus far from your subject like 10m the camera can't find your subject unless you "help" the focus by manually set the focus to nearer place near your object. What do you think ? do other cameras know to deal with this situations ?​

It's a very well known issue. But I've heard that many (or maybe most) mirrorless cameras suffer from it to some extent. I also agree with Matt that this shouldn't be all that difficult to fix, but that may be incorrect considering that this has long been pointed out and Nikon has yet to fix it. I've even seen it where switching to single point and having that entire center point pointed at a very out of focus close subject doesn't prompt the camera to attempt to refocus.

Back