Z9 Card Door

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

For the first month or so it was IMPOSSIBLE to open the door with one hand; which worries me slightly in that the switch has clearly 'broken in' as it's a bit easier to slide now; does that mean it'll continue to be less secure; I dunno.... I had to Google how to open it after failing to do so out of the box LOL Awful UX engineering I say. And it occurs to me to 'get used to it' then I use my D6 for a day and go back to hating the new card door :)

It is definitely differrent than most of us were accustomed to, and it seems most folks hate change. I don't mind it, it took about a day to get used to it. If all we have to complain about is the latch on the battery door of an expensive camera - then I guess we have it pretty good. Let's count our blessings.

Does anybody else hate the Z9's card access door? Roaring bad design, IMHO. This is really the only issue I have with this otherwise great camera.

NO - not remotely -- the Z9 door is the best idea since sliced bread. I have not had any issues with mine opening when not wanted NOR any difficulty opening mine.

I'll take the Z9 Door over the Z7II Door where just bumping the Z7II at the right angle it will open. Yes the Z9 Door is a PITA to open, but after 10 months of use for me it's not an issue.

Far prefer the Z9 door design to the Z7 door which opens way too easily. I have no problem opening the Z9 card door despite having arthritis in my thumbs: fingers in normal shooting location on the grip, move thumb to latch, slide down on latch and then back on the door. Really easy.

Back