Z9 Rubber Eyecup Issue and possible replacement solution

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

May I ask why you decided to work with glasses rather than the in-camera diopter correction ?
I shoot with glasses. My correction goes the other direction from yours. The diopter correction is adequate for my prescription, but If I take my glasses off when shooting I can't see my subject clearly when I'm not looking through the camera.

Zemlin ... I have one on each Z9 ... I use the extended one that can be used with my Think Tank Hydrophobia that I never have used :)

I like the longer Zemlin because it keeps my oily cheek off the back screen :cool:

I do not wear glasses with my camera but it works great for those who do.

Not available in the UK sadly - and a $19 shipping cost to buy from USA - which is crazy for a tiny little eyecup. Maybe it will become available from UK dealers at some stage ?
I only sell direct at this point. I do not mark up shipping. That's my cost average cost, and it's the best rate I can get for reliable international service. The slow boat (regular post) is only about a dollar less. Thanks.

Maybe get a group of photographers together and buy a number of eyecups and share shipping?
Problem with that idea of course is that UK import duty will then be raised on a bulk order - costing even more per item. I don't think there is any way for UK users to get Zemlin products at the price they are sold at in the USA. Certainly not when international shipping costs at $19 ( £15) over half the cost of the original item (for a small jiffy bag) are charged by the couriers concerned. However - I've bitten the bullet and ordered one for my Nikon Z8 with so many good reviews on here.

Last edited:
Problem with that idea of course is that UK import duty will then be raised on a bulk order - costing even more per item. I don't think there is any way for UK users to get Zemlin products at the price they are sold at in the USA. Certainly not when international shipping costs at $19 ( £15) over half the cost of the original item (for a small jiffy bag) are charged by the couriers concerned. However - I've bitten the bullet and ordered one for my Nikon Z8 with so many good reviews on here.
Have no idea about UK laws, but would 5 eye piece be considered a "bulk" order? What if someone had several cameras and wanted a couple spares? Would they have to pay import duty for a "bulk order"?

You basically can order as many as you want..as long as it does not fly in the face of your customs. One box with 10 or 12..??? who cares. For personal use. Multiple boxes will likely not pass the smell test. However, if you do resell, you are responsible for following your laws. Maybe you could speak with a couple of the major Nikon dealers and float the idea of them reselling the product. Of course you would/they would need Zemlin approval .

You basically can order as many as you want..as long as it does not fly in the face of your customs. One box with 10 or 12..??? who cares. For personal use. Multiple boxes will likely not pass the smell test. However, if you do resell, you are responsible for following your laws. Maybe you could speak with a couple of the major Nikon dealers and float the idea of them reselling the product. Of course you would/they would need Zemlin approval .
I was more thinking that a few friends can just share the cost of shipping, all in one box. Nothing complex like getting a dealer involved. Personally I ordered two, Even within the US shipping was $8.50. So $19 to England is not that bad?

Just received my two Zemlin eyecups. Fit well, easy to install and can’t wait to use it. Thank you Karl for the candy too. Nice touch.
Have been using them for almost a year now. Had never replaced the eyecups before so can't really compare with other brands but for shooting video and photos when there is a lot of sun the Zemlin's work great!

Just received mine and easily installed. Not used to such coverage over my glasses--but will get used to it and how good the isolation is from the outside light.
Thank you Karl.
Jon

Back