Are kangaroos dying out?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ok, I’ll join the cow “pile”!

Attachments

• 589DCEF9-8FAC-48FA-B49F-C5DB355784F9.jpeg
    589DCEF9-8FAC-48FA-B49F-C5DB355784F9.jpeg
    399.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 7E657CD3-4DFB-43F4-B96D-33A0667BF1F1.jpeg
    7E657CD3-4DFB-43F4-B96D-33A0667BF1F1.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 33
That first shot is pretty amazing. Your statement implies that kangaroos are aggressive, is this an accurate depiction? I only ask because I am often within 15 feet of full grown bucks (deer) and have only once thought I was going to get charged. While some deer are skittish, others are very tolerant of humans... especially months after the hunting season ends.

bruce
No their fairly placid even in the wild,just sometimes the big males can be a bit difficult,although there have been times where large males have been aggressive towards humans but all in all you can feel fairly comfortable around them,thanks for looking:)

Despite living in the best country in the world :p I have never seen a Down-under kangeroo in my life.
Where are the photos of these things from you people who live down-under?

Surely you have some "inside information" and can share a couple of baby-in-pouch set-ups? That must make for really great photos I think.
The odd photo here on the forum is very thin (from what I have been able to find)

Can you guys post some? Or do they not count as
red kangaroo (1 of 1).jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Big red Gawler Ranges South Australia

Back