ARE YOU READY? for Nikons Online Launch Event, really NO! 7 Hours to go.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Mark Garfinkel

Supporting Member
Marketplace
1682515019800.png
https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/are-you-ready.page

Did anyone else notice that Ricci is currently in Zimbabwe? Maybe he will share a wildlife related video about the Z8 taken on location following the announcement…
I wasn't aware, where did you see this?
This is an ideal season at the end of the wet season, and the vegetation is still green etc. So there's vast potential for promotional imagery taken with a high resolution optics....

As Ricci points out at the end of the video, it is pretty sneaky to see that "8" hidden in the bottom right corner behind the last question mark.
If Ricci is correct about the PLAY icon then this may be a bit different camera than so many people on here are thinking??

Of course Ricci is just stringing us all along...I'm sure 6 inches off screen sits the Z8 on his desk.

Sign me up!
As Ricci points out at the end of the video, it is pretty sneaky to see that "8" hidden in the bottom right corner behind the last question mark.
If Ricci is correct about the PLAY icon then this may be a bit different camera than so many people on here are thinking??

Of course Ricci is just stringing us all along...I'm sure 6 inches off screen sits the Z8 on his desk.
That button is also the symbol for Playback on all the Nikon cameras.

I do expect to see more advanced video continue to come from the Nikon Z cameras. That's a stated strategy not only for Nikon, but for Facebook/Meta and Google/YouTube/Alphabet. For visual content creators, social media is driving video over stills.

$3995, we are good to go ! 😀
It will be more than that. The post with that price is fake:

It will be more than that. The post with that price is fake:
I got the digits right, maybe not in the right order.

😀

Oliver

BTW, this is a video centric camera body.

And the 12+ month wait to receive what they announce will begin.
We do not know this.
Nikon seems to be learning from supply issues - having perhaps doubled the 800mm PF production.

The perhaps deferred announcement could be because Nikon is building up stock prior to the eventual launch.

Without a specification "we" cannot provide our estimate of demand.

Back