Backyard Birding setups!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Birds don't mind Cayenne Pepper. Mammals do.

Bird seed soaked in Cayenne Pepper oil is commercially available, and I mix a generous amount of Cayenne Pepper powder into peanut butter for my woodpeckers.

if this works... I'm going to drown my yard in cayenne pepper... looks like I have some research to do!

----------------------------

this pic was taken Friday, and although he wasn't in the backyard area - I was standing inside of the fenced area when I took the pic. so sweet to have bald eagles around

Z92_4581_DxO - Copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Birds don't mind Cayenne Pepper. Mammals do.

Bird seed soaked in Cayenne Pepper oil is commercially available, and I mix a generous amount of Cayenne Pepper powder into peanut butter for my woodpeckers.
We use a cayenne flavored suet after the raccoons went after our suet feeder. I agree. The birds can't taste it. Mammals can. Works a treat. 😁

Considering your photos, I wouldn't worry too much about the setup. It is your backyard, birds are used to whatever there is, photographer and camera with big lense included. And, but thats just personal, i like shots of birds showing their habitat, so I wouldn't cut anything. Birds are nature, they look best in it.

Considering your photos, I wouldn't worry too much about the setup. It is your backyard, birds are used to whatever there is, photographer and camera with big lense included. And, but thats just personal, i like shots of birds showing their habitat, so I wouldn't cut anything. Birds are nature, they look best in it.
I sit on my deck to photograph them. At first, in the spring they're a bit shy, but when we're out there all the time, the food and water become more important to them than us. My husband has a high stool he brings out so I can sit higher above the deck rail (since I'm so short, and getting shorter all the time as I get older. 😀) After awhile, the birds ignore me and my camera. Our Bluebird's box is not too far from our grill area and at first they were hesitant, but now that they're feeding five babies they give us no mind. It's all in what they get used to in their environment. When I go down to fill the feeders, the Titmice and Chickadees sit next to me in the lilac bush yelling at me to hurry up.

Back