Birds in Flight -- Share your BIF Images

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I do know this is a cormorant... :)
20200903-DSC_3788.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Great idea for a thread! Wonderful shots too! I'll post a few of my favs:

1. Macaw going straight up!

View attachment 1422

2. Snowy Owl taking flight

View attachment 1423

Spoonbill in flight

View attachment 1424

Black-bellied whistling ducks fighting

View attachment 1425

And a near miss with a pair of great egrets

View attachment 1426
Great idea for a thread! Wonderful shots too! I'll post a few of my favs:

1. Macaw going straight up!

View attachment 1422

2. Snowy Owl taking flight

View attachment 1423

Spoonbill in flight

View attachment 1424

Black-bellied whistling ducks fighting

View attachment 1425

And a near miss with a pair of great egrets

View attachment 1426
It's not the first time I admire your incredible shots; my favorite is the snowy owl appearing like a ghost in an unusual non snowy environment.

This is funny. My how times don’t change!!! Great shots Ralph. Did you take both with film?
Yes. Kodachrome 64. This was back in 1986. After I retired I have been scanning these slides. Brings back memories. It’s nice to share with someone whose been to this magical place. I’m going to attach a few more photos to give the rest of the crew some perspective on how high we were and how steep the cliffs are.
B925D866-D4DA-4402-9747-8148DE16216F.jpeg
5995D3B2-4F56-492F-81BF-9F1440968E8B.jpeg
ECDEED0D-2220-459C-84C8-3EC43BF5AC86.jpeg

Yes. Kodachrome 64. This was back in 1986. After I retired I have been scanning these slides. Brings back memories. It’s nice to share with someone whose been to this magical place. I’m going to attach a few more photos to give the rest of the crew some perspective on how high we were and how steep the cliffs are. View attachment 3117View attachment 3118View attachment 3119
Looks the exact same today. You were lucky to get a clear day. It took me many visits before I saw this area without fog. Cape St. Mary’s is one of the foggiest places in the world. The warm Gulf Stream meets the cold Labrador current. Nice photos Ralph.

Back