Canon R5 II Rumored Specs

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Thanks, it's good to know there is a button, otherwise it seems it would be jumping every which way as one glanced around. So, press, look, release and the af point jumps where you look and stays at that spot when you release? Does it work in animal eye detection af mode?
No it’s press to activate, use the ECAF, release and press to deactivate (when you’re done)
Btw you can assign the function to a button of your liking.
I tried ECAF in eye detection mode with some very good results.
It’s a bit like using Group AF for detection then using single point AF for finetuning, like I used to do in the DSLR days. (But “automated” and much faster)

In short I like the ECAF very much but be aware it’s kind of fatiguing for your eyes and it takes time to learn how to work with it.
When I started using it I found it useless at first, but then I realised I was automatically checking my settings in the EVF or looking at other activity in the frame thus relocating the focuspoint.
The function is very very sensitive to the slightest movement of your eye.
It was hard to teach this old dog a new trick LOL.
Btw I selden use it for WL.
Animal detection with Eye detection enabled works flawlessly, but there’s not much of a gain by using ECAF, unless I’m shooting flocks or groups of birds, animals, people.
In that scenario it’s very usefull (IF you want that) to be able to put the focuspoint easily in the middle of the DOF.

Last edited:
No it’s press to activate, use the ECAF, release and press to deactivate (when you’re done)
Btw you can assign the function to a button of your liking.
I tried ECAF in eye detection mode with some very good results.
It’s a bit like using Group AF for detection then using single point AF for finetuning, like I used to do in the DSLR days. (But “automated” and much faster)

In short I like the ECAF very much but be aware it’s kind of fatiguing for your eyes and it takes time to learn how to work with it.
When I started using it I found it useless at first, but then I realised I was automatically checking my settings in the EVF or looking at other activity in the frame thus relocating the focuspoint.
The function is very very sensitive to the slightest movement of your eye.
It was hard to teach this old dog a new trick LOL.
Btw I selden use it for WL.
Animal detection with Eye detection enabled works flawlessly, but there’s not much of a gain by using ECAF, unless I’m shooting flocks or groups of birds, animals, people.
In that scenario it’s very usefull (IF you want that) to be able to put the focuspoint easily in the middle of the DOF.

That is interesting. I would think having it active only while holding would be better for me in some situations, but sounds cool either way.

Back