CF express cards

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm using SABRENT Rocket CFX PRO 2TB for both Z9 and Z8. No overheat in either camera even in direct Florida sun at 95F+ and (very) high humidity.
Actually, I'm also using Sabrent drives (NVMe) in all my computers and they never had let me down.

As for Delkin: Power series is a standard run-off-the-mill card, and Black is way overpriced to my taste. Same applies to Prograde (average card for Silver-Gold-Platinum series, and way overpriced Cobalt one).

Don't get me wrong: both Delkin Black and Prograde Cobalt are excellent cards, but they are just overkill and overhype for Z9, especially if you don't do video. If you were using GFX100II it would be a different story...

Just never buy a Sandisk.
I have been using Sandisk cards for many years including CFE cards in my Z8 for over a year and have been very happy with them. I don t shoot much video but even when I do they seem to work fine. Why do you advise against Sandisk?

I have been using Sandisk cards for many years including CFE cards in my Z8 for over a year and have been very happy with them. I don t shoot much video but even when I do they seem to work fine. Why do you advise against Sandisk?
Not sure why Kanonka advised against them, but in different tests the Sandisk cards run hotter than many others. However, all these companies are constantly changing their cards, so not sure how a newer Sandisk card would test. That said, Sandisk was bought out by Western Digital and got a bad reputation for denying there was anything wrong with their SSL drives when it was losing people's data. So even though I used to only use Sandisk SD cards, I have stopped using their products. This shows one testing of CFexpress cards and the heat they generate:

Back