EXIF Info Is Here!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The developer got the chic rebuild to work so now every photo (over 38,000) posted here will show EXIF info if it's available.

Note that the system won't show EXIF if:
  • It's been stripped from the photo
  • It's just an in-line attachment and not inserted into the post as an image (just drag and drop into the post to make it easy)
  • It's posted from an outside source (like Flickr, etc)

So a question, when the exif shows exposure bias, is that in addition to what is posted for iso, f number and shutter speed, or does the iso, f number and shutter speed shown already reflect the bias?

Testing 1280x853 pixels .Working correctly

DSC03418_DxOBeeEater_Orchards-DeNoiseAI-low-light (1).jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

So a question, when the exif shows exposure bias, is that in addition to what is posted for iso, f number and shutter speed, or does the iso, f number and shutter speed shown already reflect the bias?
Exposure bias = expose compensation. So, if you see an exposure bias of 0.7, that's + 2/3rd of a stop. So, the settings you see are after exposure comp, just like they would normally be. (What was adjust of course depends on the mode).

I have had the Metdata Export turned off in Lightroom for most of my exports. Will still continue to do so for sensitive species, but will now include it for stuff I post to this site.

Exposure bias = expose compensation. So, if you see an exposure bias of 0.7, that's + 2/3rd of a stop. So, the settings you see are after exposure comp, just like they would normally be. (What was adjust of course depends on the mode).

Good to know, so no mental math needed.

I am sooo happy to see this happening! It is really hard to try and help someone when this data is missing. Including mode and whether auto ISO has been engaged. I use arch linux and it appears darktable will be part of my post processing process. Time will tell if darktable will include only certain elements of the EXIF data on export. Might need to check with you when I get the basics set up on my computer for a little testing. I have been trying to find a way to include pertinent information with my export images for a while now. Please keep up the outstanding work! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I have a question. I’ve just uploaded a willer photo to the critique forum, and the exif is not showing up even when I upload the image directly. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

I have a question. I’ve just uploaded a willer photo to the critique forum, and the exif is not showing up even when I upload the image directly. Any ideas on what might be causing this?
Usually it's because it's stripped out by software, that's the only reason I can think of.

The bluebird photo above was not cropped, while the willet photo was. The non-cropped photo shows the exif, could that by why?
Nope, cropping shouldn't make a difference, unless the software is resaving the photo without the EXIF included. If you have Photoshop, you can also look and see if it sees the info.

Nope, cropping shouldn't make a difference, unless the software is resaving the photo without the EXIF included. If you have Photoshop, you can also look and see if it sees the info.
Thanks again Steve! What’s weird is that after I saved both photos, the exif was showing up for both of them. Then when I posted it here, only the uncropped had the exif come through.

Back